I think I came across one of my favorite parts of Eclipse. At least, one of my favorite dialoges.
Page 317.
"That's why ther're so strong, of course. The newborns are full of human blood--their own blood, reacting to the change. It lingers in them tissues and strenghtens them. Their bodies use it up slowly, like Jasper said, the strength starting to wane after about a year."
"How strong will I be?"
He grinned. "Stronger than I am."
"Stonger than Emmett?"
The grin got bigger. "Yes. Do me a favor and challenge him to an arm-wrestling match. It woudl be a good experience for him."
I laughed. It sounded so ridiculous.
For what seems like the first time, Edward allows himself to indulge in the idea of Bella joining him as a vampire. Giving in to his will to keep her human. In this small moment, I was laughing out loud as it does seem funny to think of whimpy Bella being tougher than Emmett.
Page 317.
"That's why ther're so strong, of course. The newborns are full of human blood--their own blood, reacting to the change. It lingers in them tissues and strenghtens them. Their bodies use it up slowly, like Jasper said, the strength starting to wane after about a year."
"How strong will I be?"
He grinned. "Stronger than I am."
"Stonger than Emmett?"
The grin got bigger. "Yes. Do me a favor and challenge him to an arm-wrestling match. It woudl be a good experience for him."
I laughed. It sounded so ridiculous.
For what seems like the first time, Edward allows himself to indulge in the idea of Bella joining him as a vampire. Giving in to his will to keep her human. In this small moment, I was laughing out loud as it does seem funny to think of whimpy Bella being tougher than Emmett.
Comments