Destiny's Fault Now!

I have spent way to much time reading posts of such great interest on Twilight Lexicon--this is due to Destiny sending the link to me. One of them which I will post in a second, is Stephanie talking, in regards to quesitons about the Cullens, and their "lack" of sorrow for killing humans.... I thought her rebuttel was IMPRESSIVE to say the least. I hadn't looked at it from her point of view. Not that I thought the Cullens should feel sorry for their pasts, because it's fictional, and they ARE vampires. They eat what they are made to eat, with the exception of the Cullens and the Denali covens.

Here are her words:
"So why does Carlisle create other vampires? Faith is a part of it—if he didn’t believe that a “good” vampire life could result in salvation, he would not have done it. But the biggest part of it is pure loneliness. Both people and vampires can go mad in utter isolation. It just takes longer for vampires. Changing Edward worked out really well for Carlisle, which led to him changing Esme. That worked out even better. Which influenced his decision to change Rosalie.
But that didn’t work out so well. And Carlisle would never have changed another human again if Rosalie hadn’t begged him for Emmett. Carlisle is not as torn as Edward over the idea of Bella as a vampire because of the faith he has. However, he has never changed anyone whose human life was not absolutely over. That is a very sad thing for him. But he knows enough about true love to have faith that things will work out well for Bella. After the events in New Moon, even Edward can’t doubt that her life is better with him than without him.
Is there some inconsistency here? Of course. It’s called human nature. The Cullens have clung to theirs so closely that they are victims of its caprice. Humans waffle. We change our minds. Things look different to us depending on our mental state. We do things contrary to our belief system in a moment of weakness. We’re human. So, in a very real way, are the Cullens.
"

I was so moved when she said, "After the events in New Moon, even Edward can't doubt that her life is better with him than without him."

Sorry Erin, Jacob isn't the answer.

Then I came across this part:
"I’m curious as to the ages of the pro-"bite her now!" crowd versus the anti-"bite her now!" crowd. I’m just guessing–due to the conversations I’ve had at signings and events–that the majority of the pros are younger than the majority of the antis. Of course there will be exceptions. But it seems like the 30-something moms just seem to put more weight on all the ramifications of souls and humanity."

Stephenie was/is interested in this....our age. But she is right. If you are a bit older, than we do tend to put more weight on souls and humanity...maybe it's because by that age we have children in our lives, even if they aren't our own. At 17, children were just little people I babysat.

Comments

destiny said…
"Can I get a WHOOT WHOOT!"

I've NEVER had a blog that was my fault! I am SO honored! First off I would like to thank...
HA HA just kidding!

On a more serious note:
I warned you about that stuff! It's ADDICTIVE! Now you see why I go on there multiple times a day! Don't you just ADORE Stephenie? She is so invested in her characters, I think she may actually believe they exist! Well I guess they do in her head!

Oh and FYI-
After reading New Moon I now know that my life is DEFINITELY better with Edward in it than without him!
Larsen said…
Destiny!!!!

You silly booger! You haven't helped me with my addiction one bit!

THANKS!

I appreciate someone who eggs me on, instead of rolls their eyes at me.

I get enough eye rolling from everyone else!
Mary Helen said…
Come by anytime...maybe I will sit down and read the books, just to see what it's all about. I'm glad you like my photos
mary
Camille said…
I guess that means I am still a teenager at heart. Because I want Bella to be a vampire like all the teenagers. I agree with your friend Destiny- "I know my life is Definitely better with Edward in it than without him!"