My Words Too!

I found this womans words ina thread on a site I go to, and they also could be mine!

"I am still trying to figure out what the fascination for me is for the whole thing, but I am learning that what is great about this book is that it does hold those old fashioned morals and values that seem to be lost in most books, even most YA novels these days. I have read many, many books, and the classics stay classics because they are about the story not the sex and violence within the story. I believe that's why Ms. Meyer's books are so popular, especially among such a wide range of readers, women mostly from 12 to 100! Ms. Meyer's story although rife with conflict, both scary and personally emotional, shows there is an underlying theme of true love and decency. It's refreshing to read a love story that has no gratuitous sex and violence, and shows love in an eternal perspective, unselfish, long suffering, bittersweet and dare I say so pure of heart. I give these books a big thumbs up, they are easy, fun reads and you do get caught up in the story, and maybe even find yourself wishing you were a teenager again, for at least a brief moment and that a young man like the lead character Hero, Edward was someone that lurked at your high school. I know I do! "

Comments

Camille said…
Yes I agree! That is how I would explain why I love it too.
P.S. I started reading Eclipse today for the 4th time. :)
I plan on starting with Twilight in the end of July and reading all three before the 4th comes out.:)
Did I mention I love Edward!!!!
A line I just read
"He pulled my face away from his, breaking my hold with ease-he probably didn't even realize that I was using all my strength.....
I should feel sorry that you're not sorry, but I don't. Maybe I should go sit on the bed....If you think that's necessary.-Edward and Bella
Did I mention I love Edward
destiny said…
Gina,
This is Dana's friend! I LOVE your blog! How in the heck did you get that picture on the top with Kristen and Rob? That is such a good picture! I am like you I took forever to decide to read these books but when I did I read all three 2 times through in about 2 weeks time! I think I may have had a hand in getting Dana to read them, so in a way I had a hand of getting YOU to read them!

I just have to say that when I was reading them I was really lovey dovey with my husband and he said I should never stop reading those books! I don't know if that has happened to anyone else, but I just had to share that!

I look forward to reading all your twi-hard craziness!