Picking a Favorite

ON SMILNSIGH's Blog she asked about which vampires was your/our favorite aside from Edward. After leaving such a long comment, I had to copy and paste it here in my blog. It may not make sense to anyone but it did to me.....

My favorite ?? Yeah right. How about this: I love Emmett because he is the comic relief in some very serious situations. I love his intensity and confidence. I love that Rosalie is so superficial, without signs of maturing any day. She is easy to hate, which makes her easy to love for me.
I love Alice. Who doesn't? I love Jasper because with the skill that he has, I have wondered many times if he could manipulate some great "feelings" faster than a human...Such satisfaction could come with such a gift. Wink Wink!

I struggled to know more about Esme, and I finally found what I was looking for on the Lexicon in the Personal correspondances. Why she loves Carlisle so much. very cool.
And as with the type of self mastery that Carlisle demonstates, I also agree with Bella, that even the gods would be amazed. Isn't self control really what life is all about?

When it comes to the other vampires, the ones who are "bad" or normal for their kind, I like them all because they bring danger with them.

Comments

smilnsigh said…
Thank you for replying to my question, over on When Twilight Embraces! And what a detailed comment! You've been thinking deeper, than I have.

But, me'thinks you've been at this 'Twilight Obsession' longer than I have. So I'll cut myself some slack, because of that. -grin-

And I can find out more about Esme and Carlisle, by poking around on The Lexicon, in Personal Correspondence section. Thank you!

Wow but I've got a _lot_ of poking around to do, on all the Twilight sites. My excuse so far has been, that I don't want to get spoiled for anything that's still to come, in the series. But... I suppose that's silly..

Mari-Nanci
When Twilight Embraces
Hey, Gina
Good points on all the vampire qualities we love. I agree with the self mastery thing. Could be the hardest thing EVER, for me anyway, poster child for no self control!
Smilinsigh must have found my blog through yours, because she started commenting on mine too. That how I found hers.
Rebekah want to come play with Cate. Let me know when is a good time.