Don't Pick the Flowers!!!

Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day.
Mother's Happy Day.

Gotta love that!

We ended up getting a lens for the camera (which I am ssssssoooooooooooooo excited about!!!) and Kyle bought me two bleeding heart plants and a bunch of pansies for the flower bed! It looks so nice now!

The kids gave me better earphones for my MP3 player, and Kyle got me new measuring cups. What a wonderful day. They are the best!

I got all choked up in RS today. As we sang the closing song, I Often Go Wandering, I felt bad that I had told my kids a hundered times yesterday and then repeated myself this morning, "DON'T PICK THE FLOWERS!!!" I thought of all the silly purple weed flowers and dandelions that they have brought me over the years. Catelyn's been picking flowers for me since she was just one. Jo is starting to notice their beauty too, and tried several times yesterday to pick them too. And Landon is no exception. He got really upset when I threw some away. I usually try to dispose of them without the kids seeing me do it. And so, I got all choked up, tears welling up in eyes and then pouring over my cheeks. Sweet Erin E. was sitting next to me thinkin' I was probably nuts, but she chuckled with me as I told her what brought on the massive breakdown. It helps to know the words to the song:

I often go walking in meadows of clover,
and I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over,
Dear Mother, all flowers remind me of you.

O Mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear Mother, from you.

Comments

Chels said…
Cute poem. By the way my mom loved the pics. Thanks a bunch and happy mothers day.
Erin Ellsworth said…
You are a great mother and that is a beautiful song. I had a great mothers day, thanks for having us over.
The King's said…
Sounds like you had a great mother's day! Maybe you can get your kids to just pick the weeds then it won't matter so much. I remember always picking dandelions for my mom and she would always stick them in a cup of water until they died. And don't worry you are a good mom! Your kids adore you!
Ahh that is really sweet. YOu do have the sweetest kids in the world. But they gotta learn it somewhere, right?! :) Glad i got to talk to you for .3 seconds yesterday!!! HAPPY MDAY! Love ya.
xoxo J
smilnsigh said…
Awwww, that's a sweet posting.

Mari-Nanci
Erinn said…
I love this post!