Tiana and Alicia

The other night we were at a surprise party for Tim. All their kids were there-Logan, Tiana, Stetson, Parker, Landon....and their unofficially adopted daughter Alicia, along with several other party attenders, and their children.

I am not sure at what point Tiana and Alicia made their intricate discovery about my unique and individual personality, but it is and was very fitting.


I Am Not Easily Impressed.
It's totally true too. No one has ever pin pointed this little truth about me quite so blantantly. I don't know why I am not easily impressed just as someone who is easily impressed may not know why they are always impressed. I do tend to think, if she/he can do it....I can too. If I really put myself out there and try something, I can usually pick up on it. If not, then someone who is really good at such a thing will impress me. I can even think of examples. But I decided to not go into that as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. {Which I am prone to do, just like anyone else. I never mean to, but it happens. Right?}
So with this new knowlegde about myself and the fact that I am not easily impressed, what am I to do with it? Do I try to change this about myself? And if so, why? Do I fabricate real feelings of awe when I feel none? When I am presented with some new piece of information in someone' s life, or go into someone's new home, or sit through a teacher's lesson, or listen to someone sing, or view a new mom taking care of her little baby, or see the labor's of a seasoned woman's garden... Do I act impressed? Fake it 'til I make it....real???
You tell me.
Kyle thinks I should do another poll. Haha.


Impress Me..

Comments

Becky said…
Do you think you should try to be something your not? Most people wouldn't want someone to be "fake". If your not impressed.. your not impressed. Others shouldn't worry so much about impressing. That's what I think. (and yet, I'm pretty sure I worry about impressing.)
It's a Pack thing...I have the same problem. I think you need therapy. haha! JK. But I think it is important to get to the root of your "un-impressed" attitude. Are you secretly jealous of that person, and so you validate your feelings by thinking they aren't that great?....Or do you have the opposite problem of thinking you are the best, and no one could be better than you (except maybe a very small handful)? Maybe it's neither, maybe its both. Either way, you dont want to fake it....be real...but I dont think it hurts to be sensitive. You may think you're a better mom than someone else, or that you have a better garden, or you may wonder why someone doesnt have more knowledge in the gospel or a stronger testimony, but the truth is you have no idea what that person is going through...so - my advice is not to change who you are, but to be understanding and sympathetic to others shortcomings. When you feel quick to judge - stop and think it through. Put YOUR feelings aside and (as cliche as it is....) think WWJD? You want them to do the same for you? Right? xoxo janelle
disclaimer: this is pretty much about what i tell myself - not directed at you, sis.
The King's said…
If you want an honest answer I think I agree with your sister. You shouldn't be fake but you should figure out why you aren't impressed but at the same time be aware of others feelings. You may not think their garden is that great or that you could do the same but they still tried hard. You can be impressed with the effort because everyone is trying and what maybe easy for you may be a huge victory for them. I don't know if I am making sense but anyway, you are still awesome. (by the way I love the pictures, Erin sent me the ones of the kids and me in the tree, good job)
Erinn said…
If your not impressed, your not impressed. Whatever you do, don't fake it. But do give people credit... everyone needs recognition for the things they do whether your impressed or not.