
These pictures didnt' quite upload how I thought they would. I should have paid closer attention to what I was doing though, huh. The evidence of needing more sleep.






Well when we first got into SLC our Hotel claimed they didn’t have our reservations, and they didn’t have any other rooms. Not fun at 11 o’clock at night. With three little kids who should be in bed. That was a nightmare. But we got things worked out and stayed in a family suit at a Days Inn. It wasn’t very nice, but the kids could have cared less.
Saturday morning, we swam…in this tiny handkerchief sized swimming pool, and again, the kids could have cared less.
We left for the day around 11:30 and grabbed some lunch at The Iceberg. It was good. We then spent several hours at Hogle Zoo, which was really fun. I have never really cared much for zoos. I don’t know, they just aren’t my thing. I feel bad for the cooped up animals, and disappointed that they aren’t all entertaining at the moment that I come to see them.
That night, we left our kids with a sitter that my sister-in-law got for her son and my three. We went out to Tepanyaki’s {which is the closest restraint to tradition my family has} with just the adults. It was fun, but not a great place to really visit, because it’s so loud. And your chef is there cooking for you the whole time, so you can’t really talk in depth. But it’s a very entertaining place to eat. I have fond memories of going to those types of places to eat with my Dad since I was a young girl. Those memories are also intertwined with the Fair Circuit.
Sunday morning was uneventful, as we just got ready for church, and checked out of the hotel. We took a little drive of Pleasant Grove. It’s a nice place, though I don’t think I could or would ever want to live in Utah for several reasons. After the three hours of church there, which included the blessing of Ella Pearl, we had a family gathering and dinner at Chad’s inlaws. Church however was nothing like our ward. I made the comment about how diverse some wards are. They had 4 kids in their nursery. Heck, we have enough kids for FOUR nurseries. Kyle {who has missed our ward for three weeks now: 1. had to work. 2. Stake Conference, and now 3. Baby Blessing in UT} and I both have missed our ward, and it’s “family” feel. Not meaning family with kids feel and noisy or overcrowded feel, but the sense of familiarity and security and love for those around us kind of feel We love this ward so much.
And since we are on the Lincoln 5th ward for a second….I guess we missed out on 5 baby blessings and an attendance record of 460+. What a crack up!!!!!!!!!
We had lunch and hit the road around 4. It was a very long boring drive, but the kids did great, sleeping most of the way, which did throw them off for bedtime when we got home, but it’s over. Well the traveling part is.
The laundry and dishes and grocery shopping however.......
But that kind of thing is never over.
Saturday morning, we swam…in this tiny handkerchief sized swimming pool, and again, the kids could have cared less.
We left for the day around 11:30 and grabbed some lunch at The Iceberg. It was good. We then spent several hours at Hogle Zoo, which was really fun. I have never really cared much for zoos. I don’t know, they just aren’t my thing. I feel bad for the cooped up animals, and disappointed that they aren’t all entertaining at the moment that I come to see them.
That night, we left our kids with a sitter that my sister-in-law got for her son and my three. We went out to Tepanyaki’s {which is the closest restraint to tradition my family has} with just the adults. It was fun, but not a great place to really visit, because it’s so loud. And your chef is there cooking for you the whole time, so you can’t really talk in depth. But it’s a very entertaining place to eat. I have fond memories of going to those types of places to eat with my Dad since I was a young girl. Those memories are also intertwined with the Fair Circuit.
Sunday morning was uneventful, as we just got ready for church, and checked out of the hotel. We took a little drive of Pleasant Grove. It’s a nice place, though I don’t think I could or would ever want to live in Utah for several reasons. After the three hours of church there, which included the blessing of Ella Pearl, we had a family gathering and dinner at Chad’s inlaws. Church however was nothing like our ward. I made the comment about how diverse some wards are. They had 4 kids in their nursery. Heck, we have enough kids for FOUR nurseries. Kyle {who has missed our ward for three weeks now: 1. had to work. 2. Stake Conference, and now 3. Baby Blessing in UT} and I both have missed our ward, and it’s “family” feel. Not meaning family with kids feel and noisy or overcrowded feel, but the sense of familiarity and security and love for those around us kind of feel We love this ward so much.
And since we are on the Lincoln 5th ward for a second….I guess we missed out on 5 baby blessings and an attendance record of 460+. What a crack up!!!!!!!!!
We had lunch and hit the road around 4. It was a very long boring drive, but the kids did great, sleeping most of the way, which did throw them off for bedtime when we got home, but it’s over. Well the traveling part is.
The laundry and dishes and grocery shopping however.......
But that kind of thing is never over.
Comments
Our weekend was good too. I went to the Hogle Zoo last summer and saw the white alligator. Pretty cool, but I agree with you on the whole Zoo experience.
Can Bekah and Livvie come over today while I help in my kids' classes? It would be from 12:15-3:05. Let me know, I'll just call you.
Oh, and are you driving to choir today?
Talk to you soon
Me too, I'm not big on the idea of zoos, either...
And now, you get to do your laundry, dishes and driving to grocery shopping... listening to your Twilight books on tape. :-)))
Mari-Nanci
When Twilight Embraces
Well - off to work...or whatever it is I do all day in this office... :)