![[blaine.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiGx24Y5ihxnJHQTRl4HPV8h4Ux_TbkWDFsNAnYNkEv5VqfT53rqqPnvYnM4Ml5Rx4qgHLUt6j-y_rSJS_9_0yu77Q_mC7Dph0PXCIBHZTIiZ_C7qCzz7NXVYboXx1XBql6mXMowpKw0uX2/s1600/blaine.jpg)
I was thinking I would type up a nice post about my phone call with him, but it seems we all talked to him about the same thing when we got the chance on Tuesday. So rather than re-type it, you should read her blog. It's AMAZING! Great photos too! Most of them are NOT from him, rather just photos she found that really capture her story well. It's well worth looking at, even if you don't read it all. I know you may not know him, but he is one of many who is fighting a war he didn't start, but supports, and is proud to serve. HERE is the great post my sister did about our last conversation(s) we had with him.
Anyway. . .
Last night, while on a specific mission, one of his comrades was killed.
I can't seem to stop thinking,
"It could have been him."
It's making me sick.
Comments
Don't know how much longer he has on this tour of duty... But... You gotta' be strong, Hon. Even though it's so so so hard. He needs you to be strong. And to grab onto the belief that he's well trained and well in control and he'll be safe. He needs his family to be a rock, behind him.
Yeah.. easy for me to say. Yes, I know. I know. He's your little brother and it's hard to see him as a fully trained and fully equipped Marine. But he is.
Just keep clear in your mind, he will be ok. He will do his duty and return to his family, ok. Please... For his sake and for your sake too.
This is why I always thank the families of our Military, as well as thank them. They serve in the front lines. But their loved ones also serve. Back home, which is what they are ultimately fighting for. To keep home safe. To fight on other shores, so as not to have to fight, at home.
Sorry for running on here. It's late and I should hang up my keyboard, when it's late.
Gentle hugs to you,
Mari-Nanci
That is such a tough thing. For some reason I can't stop thinking about your Mom. It's probably because I have Grady now, but I couldn't imagine having a child over there or a brother for that matter.
My heart and prayers are with your brother and all those who are bravely serving.