Yes, technically, that is my new calling in church. (Did anyone else notice how "SPECIAL" I am? I am not sure that it's meant to mean unique.)
Sounds fake, though, huh!
I really thought it was a "joke's on you" kind of thing. I truly said, "SHUT-UP" to Bishop when he asked me.
You know like on the Princess Diaries. Where she says that and only means no way, but the Queen thinks that she was serious and rude.
Then, I laughed. When I realized that all three members of the bishopric were serious. 45 minutes later, I walked out of the church, and created the Relief Society blog that will be used for our ward. Yeah. No kidding. (PS. Can I also just tell you how hard it is to come up with music that is good for such a blog??? Insanely difficult. I spent nearly 3 hours on that alone!)
Then I was inspired to re-read the article that was just in the July Ensign. You know, the one that was on the cover, entitled "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet".
It is by M. Russell Ballard. Now, I am totally on board with it. At first, I thought, well....I guess. Sure, why not use a blog to keep the sisters "in the know" as we are calling it in regards to all things relating to the ward, church, and the gospel. But I can see how this is a new wave in using the internet to further the gospel, even if it just starts in our own little ward, with our own little active sisters. All it takes though, is another ward to see the potential, copy the idea, and then slowly, bit by bit, perhaps a sister who has lost her way, would be interested in the messages found on the blog. Highlights from the Sunday lesson, thoughts or quotes from General Authorities, meeting times and dates...even something as simple as a Happy Birthday to that inactive sister, could be potential wonderful.
Does is strike you as a bit crazy-silly as it did me the first few hours of hearing about it? OR Can you see the potential?
Sounds fake, though, huh!
I really thought it was a "joke's on you" kind of thing. I truly said, "SHUT-UP" to Bishop when he asked me.
You know like on the Princess Diaries. Where she says that and only means no way, but the Queen thinks that she was serious and rude.
Then, I laughed. When I realized that all three members of the bishopric were serious. 45 minutes later, I walked out of the church, and created the Relief Society blog that will be used for our ward. Yeah. No kidding. (PS. Can I also just tell you how hard it is to come up with music that is good for such a blog??? Insanely difficult. I spent nearly 3 hours on that alone!)
Then I was inspired to re-read the article that was just in the July Ensign. You know, the one that was on the cover, entitled "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet".
It is by M. Russell Ballard. Now, I am totally on board with it. At first, I thought, well....I guess. Sure, why not use a blog to keep the sisters "in the know" as we are calling it in regards to all things relating to the ward, church, and the gospel. But I can see how this is a new wave in using the internet to further the gospel, even if it just starts in our own little ward, with our own little active sisters. All it takes though, is another ward to see the potential, copy the idea, and then slowly, bit by bit, perhaps a sister who has lost her way, would be interested in the messages found on the blog. Highlights from the Sunday lesson, thoughts or quotes from General Authorities, meeting times and dates...even something as simple as a Happy Birthday to that inactive sister, could be potential wonderful.
Does is strike you as a bit crazy-silly as it did me the first few hours of hearing about it? OR Can you see the potential?

Comments
So where's a link to the R.S. blog? I want to see!