Woke up with a sore throat.
Mom and Grandma came over after I guilted them into it.
We made 6 loaves of zucchini bread and froze about 9 pints of carrots from my garden that we first blanched.
Sore throat turned worse, nose felt stuffy.
By 6 pm, when we were getting ready to go take photos of Kara and her family, I was hit hard by what I was sure was going to be a sinus infection, but hoping for the best, only took a sudafed and some advil.
We had pizza and cookies afterwords, and to 'help' I borrowed Kara's humidifier.
That was Monday.
Without sleep, a mom is really useless.
When I "woke" up I knew it had hit me hard during the night, and hoped that I could get a prescription without an appointment. My luck. Dr. Hall is just too busy to see someone like me for a sniffy nose, I guess. Brenda said she would call something in.
I spent the morning dragging around, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't get Landon out of his nighttime diaper until nearly 10. Jo stayed in pajamas all day...though I did manage to change her earlier in the morning, and frequently throughout the day.
A shower didn't help.
By the time Kyle came home at 1 was on the verge of having someone decapitate me. I think it would have helped.
Took the antibiotics.
Watched lots of kid's shows. I did manged to fold about 4 loads of laundry that I was behind on from spending a few days out at the farm for corn harvest (another entry I need to do, but not today) and clean up the toys in the basement, vacuum the basement, and helped Cate clean her room up. (Nothing in comparision to what needed to be done.)
Lied in bed in vain to take a nap, while Landon manged to create havoc upon my house. He seriously overflowed the toilet --he dumped nearly a half a roll of toilet paper into the toilet, and hit flush...twice. I am pretty sure that running the air is the only way to keep your vents from going moldy. It took nearly 7 large towels to soak up the water. What a mess. {I am smart enough to realize however, that it could have been so much worse. What if he had gone poop in the toilet and then plugged it....ew.}
He then managed to dump a full water bottle, you know the bigger ones, not the little 20 oz. kind, on the carpet in the basement. This while I was cleaning the bathroom.
Then he refilled the bottle some and dumped it into the garbage can, that is half full of real garbage.
It's really is a miracle that I didn't spank him..................until 8 pm that night.
Yeah, he had pushed me a little to far, and at this point of bedtime, was throwing himself on the floor, screaming at the top of his little lungs and throwing things. Not to mention he started hitting. What good is a time out, when it's bed time??? So after a threat of a spanking, he said, "I don't care. Spank me."
So I did, put him in bed, and shut the door. I only had to chase him back to his room once after that before he didn't dare come back out.
That was Tuesday.
Sometime during the night, those blessed anitbiotics kicked in, and I was able to breathe through God's intended airway--my nose.
I have managed to do a load of dishes, changed over a few loads of laundry, wash sheets, make my bed, finally update the RS blog, check email (hello 27 messages) make a few phone calls, dress all the kids, feed them a decent lunch, pick up toys in the kids' rooms, and vacuum, and order photos on snapfish. Getting caught up. I hate getting so far behind.
Today, despite feeling better, I am still just sickeningly gross, as now the antibiotics are causing the nasty bacteria buildup of mucus and other stuff to drain.
Seriously though, when a mom is sick, the entire house suffers. I hate that.
Mom and Grandma came over after I guilted them into it.
We made 6 loaves of zucchini bread and froze about 9 pints of carrots from my garden that we first blanched.
Sore throat turned worse, nose felt stuffy.
By 6 pm, when we were getting ready to go take photos of Kara and her family, I was hit hard by what I was sure was going to be a sinus infection, but hoping for the best, only took a sudafed and some advil.
We had pizza and cookies afterwords, and to 'help' I borrowed Kara's humidifier.
That was Monday.
Without sleep, a mom is really useless.
When I "woke" up I knew it had hit me hard during the night, and hoped that I could get a prescription without an appointment. My luck. Dr. Hall is just too busy to see someone like me for a sniffy nose, I guess. Brenda said she would call something in.
I spent the morning dragging around, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't get Landon out of his nighttime diaper until nearly 10. Jo stayed in pajamas all day...though I did manage to change her earlier in the morning, and frequently throughout the day.
A shower didn't help.
By the time Kyle came home at 1 was on the verge of having someone decapitate me. I think it would have helped.
Took the antibiotics.
Watched lots of kid's shows. I did manged to fold about 4 loads of laundry that I was behind on from spending a few days out at the farm for corn harvest (another entry I need to do, but not today) and clean up the toys in the basement, vacuum the basement, and helped Cate clean her room up. (Nothing in comparision to what needed to be done.)
Lied in bed in vain to take a nap, while Landon manged to create havoc upon my house. He seriously overflowed the toilet --he dumped nearly a half a roll of toilet paper into the toilet, and hit flush...twice. I am pretty sure that running the air is the only way to keep your vents from going moldy. It took nearly 7 large towels to soak up the water. What a mess. {I am smart enough to realize however, that it could have been so much worse. What if he had gone poop in the toilet and then plugged it....ew.}
He then managed to dump a full water bottle, you know the bigger ones, not the little 20 oz. kind, on the carpet in the basement. This while I was cleaning the bathroom.
Then he refilled the bottle some and dumped it into the garbage can, that is half full of real garbage.
It's really is a miracle that I didn't spank him..................until 8 pm that night.
Yeah, he had pushed me a little to far, and at this point of bedtime, was throwing himself on the floor, screaming at the top of his little lungs and throwing things. Not to mention he started hitting. What good is a time out, when it's bed time??? So after a threat of a spanking, he said, "I don't care. Spank me."
So I did, put him in bed, and shut the door. I only had to chase him back to his room once after that before he didn't dare come back out.
That was Tuesday.
Sometime during the night, those blessed anitbiotics kicked in, and I was able to breathe through God's intended airway--my nose.
I have managed to do a load of dishes, changed over a few loads of laundry, wash sheets, make my bed, finally update the RS blog, check email (hello 27 messages) make a few phone calls, dress all the kids, feed them a decent lunch, pick up toys in the kids' rooms, and vacuum, and order photos on snapfish. Getting caught up. I hate getting so far behind.
Today, despite feeling better, I am still just sickeningly gross, as now the antibiotics are causing the nasty bacteria buildup of mucus and other stuff to drain.
Seriously though, when a mom is sick, the entire house suffers. I hate that.
Comments
"Mom, you better pray to get better cause our house is a MESS and the baby is hungry!" and she was right. I was seriously too sick to even nurse little Ava.
So glad you feel better. Sinus infections are notorious in our house.
:)
xoxo
J