November Happenings

You know you have been making chocolate chip cookie dough too long when you start talking to it. But you really know you have been at it WAY TOO LONG when it looks like it
might say something back!!!!



As tradition, I am doing frozen cookie dough again. This has become a simple and easy way for us to share a treat at this time of year. Last year, I did 70 dozen cookie dough packages. We stamp our own Christmas wrapping paper, which we do because the kids love it. Then wrap the dough, which is scooped into indiviual cookie balls and then frozen for delivery. It's pretty simple and fun and easy. This year we aren't do 70 packages. It came out to be 40 dozen perfectly. But it looks as if I am going to be doing at least 4-5 dozen more, which is only one more batch of dough. It's hard, becasue you can't possibly do everyone you know, though we would like to. Anyway, this is our tradition. Last year we also added a few dipped pretzels and this year we are doing candy canes instead. Some of the flavors are so good! But I HATE that they are decieving about what taste you are going to get. Why can't they all just say on the tiny wrapping around the cane that it's cherry or strawberry smoothie? I am always nervous that I am going to get a straight up peppermint one. I don't care for those kind. I end up throwing them out after about two licks and one small bite. I can't even take the after dinner mints at restraunts that are the circle peppermints or spearmints. They are just to gross to me.

Anyway. We delivered about half of them on the 4th, and will finish up this upcoming week. We were graced with our first Christmas treat on December 1st, THANK AGAIN HAMILTONS!--and I got all eager to do our giving a bit earlier this year.


Some where along the the lines, I started making some basic jewelry. My friend Erin and her sister in law have aided in my new hobby. Here are a few pieces I have done. I can't post them all, because there are just to many, and second some are for Christmas.






Not that Kyle wouldn't do this, he totally likes hanging lights, but this year I tackled the project. It wasn't too bad. I picked a day where the weather was nice for November and not windy. Jo was soundly sleeping in her crib and Landon was my supervisor for the two hours I spent working on the roofline. It then took about another two hours to finish up the windows and around the brick and garage door. The kids seem pretty happy with it, and I think Kyle is secretly glad it's done and one less thing for him to do. He can take it down, though.




I have several photos from Thanksgiving. But this is all I am posting this time. It was a good Thanksgiving and I appreciated the extra hands of help with food, dishes and clean-up. I am so grateful that BOTH sets of parents (Kyle's and mine) like each other and are willing to come to us! It's the best of both worlds! I am also grateful for Pete and Dana being a part of our lives and sharing with us in holiday memories, traditions, and simple get togethers. There are lots of things I am grateful for. I should take a minute like my sister and write them out, and share my testimony. Maybe another day, as I am wrapping gifts today!




Comments

Bobbi Lee said…
You go girl! I can't believe you tackled hanging your own lights -- I'm not pregnant, and I'm still not even thinking about doing it EVER. What a fun, unique Christmas present idea.
Anonymous said…
What cute jewelery!!!! Love the brown necklace especially. I love the cookie dough idea, too. We SO look forward to eating it!
Your energy level makes me envious! I love this time of year, so many fun and busy things to do! Be careful, though!
Erinn said…
Wow Gina, I am loving the jewelry you made, you are so talented! I bet it was LOTS cheaper than buying it too!

I'm super excited to make cookies now... thanks to you!
Gallant Family said…
That dough ball on the left totally looks like it has a face. Kinda like a puppy dog. Yum!
Anonymous said…
I too thought the cookie on the left had a face like a dog. Is that the one u started talking with? What did it say?

Chad

PS Sorry we didn't make it for the weekend. Didn't want to get anyone sick, i was a doozie. Of the 4 of us I was the only one who didn't vomit (but felt like it a few times).
Amber M said…
You are so funny with those lights. A real go getter. I am starting to wonder are you taking some crazy mom drug? (i am kidding of course) It's just you get so much done with so much enthusiasm! You really put me to shame. I love the green and brown necklace by the way.