99.9 and $80

I am into a number thing I guess.

Landon's running a fever it was 99.9 and now is 102 {again} and I suspect he may have RSV. Nice, I know. But after knowing that Jessie's little tikes have it and Landon played with Tyler...and after Landon coughed up yellow mucus today, I *suspect* that he may have it. I am not sure, but to be on the safe side, he isn't going anywhere or playing with anyone.

RSV isn't something I know much about and plan on doing some research on tomorrow, but it is a virus and it does just have to run it's course. Fortunately, Landon isn't a tiny baby. He is tiny and I am keeping a close eye on him, but he isn't meager weeks old.

On that note, Kyle has flu like symptoms as he has be freezing cold, wrapping himself up in sweatshirt, socks and the kid's fleece blankets while snuggling down on the couch with the little portable heater at his feet. He went to bed with those comfy clothes on, socks and all.

Jocelyn is still coughing, so IF Landon does have RSV, she will probably catch it. She hasn't' been as bad as Landon and neither has Cate.

I am drinking Airborne like it's the cool thing to do, as I am trying to outlast everyone else, so that they can take care of me if I should come down with a bug too.

So, in light of all this I dropped $80 on different medicines today. Sore throat lozenges, Musinex, NyQuils, etc, Tylenol and Motrin, and the must have on hand Saltines--just in case, and of course Gatorade....Welcome to Gina's Pharmacy...How may I help you??

I have a Mentholatum Cooling Patch on Landon's forehead right now, and I am hoping he will go back to sleep without realizing it's there.

That is why I am still up.

I am sick of my family being sick. And in saying that I know that I really don't have room to complain. Can you imagine for 60 seconds what it must have been like to have been a Mormon Pioneer Mom at Winter Quarters. A fever, a cough, the chills, the vomit.... Trying to stay warm in a meager cabin, while trying to cook food over a fire, if there was food, needing to feed the oxen, gather wood, and doing all this while your husband's off to war with the Mormon Battalion.... {and I haven't even touched on 1/10th of the horrible living conditions they faced...}

Yeah, being sick isn't much fun, but I am grateful for modern medicines, conveniences of a 24 hour Wal-mart, an ER and pediatric doctor...all at my fingertips should I need them. Not to mention that the computer is at my fingertips and I can easily journal without a candle or quill needle and bottle of ink. And I could incorporate a photo with ease, should I want to.

Many of my friends have been or have kids that are or were or will be sick, but really, we don't have much room to complain, now do we.

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
I am sorry you guys are all sick! We did not mean to spread it around! I hope you guys get feeling better. Let us know if you need anything!
Boyd Fam said…
Yuck!! Not fun at all... if you need anything let me know!!
Gallant Family said…
I think that price is worth not getting sick and helping the kiddos feel better. If you need anything, let me know. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better by next wednesday for Lost. My family included.
Court n Chad said…
Wow, way to look at the bright side! Sorry they are all sick, what a bummer. I hope Landon doesn't really have RSV and he can feel better by his birthday in a few days! On a side note, Kayson is really excited that Jocelyn is two like him now.
kari said…
I am so sorry. That stinks. Even Kyle sick. Yikes. I liked your glass half full though- I ALWAYS think of the pioneer women and what strong, faithful, enduring people they were.

Hope you guys feel better.
RSV can be deathly...right?!??! Get him checked, please. Hope you're all better now...