Move On January!





I am not sure what my deal is but I totally agree with Jessie. January isn't a fun month for me. I haven't ever been one for decorating, unlike my sister, for each little holiday. But this year, I don't know what has gotten into me. I have already bought and eaten V-day jelly beans, red hots, cinnamon hots, and conversation hearts. I have already made and delivered some Valentine cookies. It's crazy!! But mostly, I took on a self project of making me some Valentine decorations. I had left over wood, and drew hearts on them. I had my friend Jennifer cut them out for me {HUGE THANKS JENN!!} then I painted, and today sanded the edges. I was thinking of having Hailey do some vinyl lettering for me, but I went cheap, and just hand-painted the sayings on (which I took 90% of them from the converstation heart candies that I bought to eat) all while watching CHUCK episodes online to get caught up for the return on Feb. 2. (Which is Lando Commando's Bday! Big 4!!)

On a side note, I bought my reindeer for Christmas decor, true. But they were expensive, and I can't bring myself to box them up and hide them. I want to keep some sort of decor on top of the book shelf so it looks nice... so I removed their cranberry wreaths and ironically had some Valentine heart wire [and as if that isn't weird enough I also had that pot of roses and the valentine tablecloth--who knows where or why I had that] and made them {they need names, I think} new Valentine wreaths. I want to do this for each holiday, so I can keep them out. Is that lame or what??

I just had to read that paragraph twice, since I broke up my train of thought like three times...anyway...

Now, I keep thinking what do I have that would be cute for St. Patty's Day.

Pathetic, I know.

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
I love the Valentine reindeer! You can start a new trend! Your hearts turned out way cute! You are great at lettering because if you would not have said anything I would have thought it was vinyl. Thanks so much for the cookies! They were AWESOME! We had them gone in about 5 seconds! That totally made my January! You are a sweetie! Tyler really wants to have Landon over so I will give you a call today and see what is good for you guys!
Cortnie said…
Love the Valentine Hearts!!! So cute and so creative!! The deer are great for every holiday. Don't feel weird about it. They're great for any holiday and it was a cute idea to add the craftiness around the neck.
Love it!
Cortnie