On Feb. 10th, a couple of Tuesdays ago, I had a pretty crazy day. I have hesitated to blog about this, because my crazy day seems like a little hill of beans in comparison to some other people's crazy days. But, nonetheless, it was crazy for me.
Our day started after a poor nights rest with a phone call that Kyle was needed at a friends house. He thought he was headed to give a blessing. He left a few minutes after 7am.
Shortly after climbing out of the shower, my friend Camille called and asked if I could take her two kids since she was in labor and going to have a baby. Sure, of course I will.
Kyle came home finally about two hours later with sad news that we had lost a friend and he would be taking care of the funeral and other arrangements.
The kids were crazy loud and wild as ever, but I managed to get everyone dressed, fed and playing nicely for a bit and then sent Cate and Josh to school. That bought me a bit of time, as Jocelyn took a nap, and Lilly and Landon took some quiet time and rested. However my phone rang off the hook that day. All kinds of phone calls. I was shocked at the time I spent/lost on the phone. Which is fine, but time consuming.
Things got super crazy around 2:30 when Blake and Stephen showed up for lunch (which I had forgotten about due to the crazy news of the day). Ten minute after they walked in Mike showed up for Lilly and Josh, but needed to wait for Josh and Cate to get home, which they do around 2:50. Kara showed up unannounced needing some chocolate chips just a few minutes after Mike arrived. And as I happily shared my chocolate chips and as Kara was walking out the door, Chelsie came over to hang out, also unannounced. Josh and Cate arrived home too.............
Which was fine.
It just made for a crazy afternoon.
The buzz was killing me, as my head was pounding and my body was achy simply due to being pregnant. I needed to still go to town, purchase floewrs, swing up to the hospital and over to my friends home. I needed to finish putting away the numerous spools of ribbon I had out that I didn't want Jocelyn or Cate to play with. I hadn't even thought about dinner. I needed to feed Blake and Stephen. My phone was still ringing.
By the time I got home, Kyle was a bit late for mutual, I was exhausted and the kids' still needed to be put to bed.
It was one of the longest days for me.
I found out that my friend Amy also went into labor that evening and had her little girl around 9pm. So two babies in one day, along with the loss of a friend, along with extra kids and several extra adults, along with way too many phone calls, along with making food, cleaning up toys, doing dishes, changing diapers, and running to town made up the contents of that Tuesday. It was hard to turn off the tears of sorrow thoughout the day, (cause it's just plain hard for me to turn off the tears when pregnant period) but it was especially hard to feel joy at the same time with the news of my friend's little boy's arrival. It was the first really awful emotional rollercoaster I have had since being pregnant. Emotions are so much stronger for me when I am pregnant. (I hope I am not the only one.)
Sure, it was a worse day for others, Kyle included, but for me, I was beat at the end of it.
Thanks to Unisom and a few advil I was able to finally get some rest that night.
I hope to never repeat a day like that again.
Our day started after a poor nights rest with a phone call that Kyle was needed at a friends house. He thought he was headed to give a blessing. He left a few minutes after 7am.
Shortly after climbing out of the shower, my friend Camille called and asked if I could take her two kids since she was in labor and going to have a baby. Sure, of course I will.
Kyle came home finally about two hours later with sad news that we had lost a friend and he would be taking care of the funeral and other arrangements.
The kids were crazy loud and wild as ever, but I managed to get everyone dressed, fed and playing nicely for a bit and then sent Cate and Josh to school. That bought me a bit of time, as Jocelyn took a nap, and Lilly and Landon took some quiet time and rested. However my phone rang off the hook that day. All kinds of phone calls. I was shocked at the time I spent/lost on the phone. Which is fine, but time consuming.
Things got super crazy around 2:30 when Blake and Stephen showed up for lunch (which I had forgotten about due to the crazy news of the day). Ten minute after they walked in Mike showed up for Lilly and Josh, but needed to wait for Josh and Cate to get home, which they do around 2:50. Kara showed up unannounced needing some chocolate chips just a few minutes after Mike arrived. And as I happily shared my chocolate chips and as Kara was walking out the door, Chelsie came over to hang out, also unannounced. Josh and Cate arrived home too.............
Which was fine.
It just made for a crazy afternoon.
The buzz was killing me, as my head was pounding and my body was achy simply due to being pregnant. I needed to still go to town, purchase floewrs, swing up to the hospital and over to my friends home. I needed to finish putting away the numerous spools of ribbon I had out that I didn't want Jocelyn or Cate to play with. I hadn't even thought about dinner. I needed to feed Blake and Stephen. My phone was still ringing.
By the time I got home, Kyle was a bit late for mutual, I was exhausted and the kids' still needed to be put to bed.
It was one of the longest days for me.
I found out that my friend Amy also went into labor that evening and had her little girl around 9pm. So two babies in one day, along with the loss of a friend, along with extra kids and several extra adults, along with way too many phone calls, along with making food, cleaning up toys, doing dishes, changing diapers, and running to town made up the contents of that Tuesday. It was hard to turn off the tears of sorrow thoughout the day, (cause it's just plain hard for me to turn off the tears when pregnant period) but it was especially hard to feel joy at the same time with the news of my friend's little boy's arrival. It was the first really awful emotional rollercoaster I have had since being pregnant. Emotions are so much stronger for me when I am pregnant. (I hope I am not the only one.)
Sure, it was a worse day for others, Kyle included, but for me, I was beat at the end of it.
Thanks to Unisom and a few advil I was able to finally get some rest that night.
I hope to never repeat a day like that again.
Comments
Also I feel the same way about immunization. I know that it is smart to have your kids immunized but it worries me for weeks each time they get a shot (poke). I am especially worried about taking in little Lucas and starting over again with all those shots. I always cry too.