For Erinn, Camille, Melissa, and Mykalee---and any one else who is interested!

It's important to know, that we do exchange recipes at recipe swap. Really we do. And the food is good. I haven't figured out why more girls in my ward aren't coming either. There is so much to be had from a recipe swap like ours. You get to taste the food, take the recipe home with you, and make friends with the girls in your ward. WHY wouldn't a newly married wife, a mother of one or two, or even a seasoned cook with her children gone not enjoy such a night?

Maybe it's because I go.

I apologize with much sincerity to Erinn, Mykalee, Camille and Melissa, that they had to endure a very boring conversation about cows last night. Sure, it wasn't my fault that the conversation came up! {Camille!} And I wasn't the one with probing questions either. But I am a long LONG L..........O...................N...................................G winded speaker and I didn't realize how passionately {if we can call it that...} I could speak about cows and their behaviors and lives.

I am realizing that I do have a deep soft spot in my heart for this great animal that God has given us. The cow and her fellow bull, along with all the 'crap' that comes with the life of cows is truly a gift to me in life. Most of what I needed to know about life I learned on the farm. Much of what i needed to know about having a baby comes from these black and whites. And unfortunately, I just had to share all of those details with the recipe swap last night. So gosh, if that is what recipe swap is going to be like, I can see why husbands and some women in my ward my think that this exchange group is something they can bypass.

Not that all we talked about was cows. There was talk about being a mom, how to discuss some of life's interesting situations to a kid, how to answer some of their questions, and old eggs.

I love you girls. Thanks for putting up with me.
And for references' sake, here are some of the pretty cows I so passionately discussed.

xoxox
Gina


This is a Brown Swiss above and I am pretty pleased that my little boy isn't afraid of these animals. Though massive in size compared to him, they really can be gentle and kind.

Here, Landon and I say hello to a Jersey of my dad's at the Blackfoot fair. They are more petite is size to a Holstein or Brown Swiss, and are more red in color.

The Poster Cow, a Holstein. This is me, Kyle and my brother Blaine showing some heifers in Boise.



A never before seen photo on the Internet. This would be Catelyn! Look at those chubby cheeks! {I just got all of my photos on discs saved to my laptop!} Anyway, at just 5 1/2 months, she was sitting well,
and wasn't at all afraid of cows. I love this photo.

And this is one of my favorites. Brown Swiss, though more gray in color, are so awesome!

For more information on Cows.....

Just Kidding!

Comments

Melissa said…
no problem, I enjoyed it. I love going to recipe swap, just to talk to the girls.
Erinn said…
I had a blast last night... I think we all laughed super hard! Seriously though, what could be better? Yummy food while chatting with girls from the ward. Plus... all the cow talk was pretty interesting. I learned lots that I didn't know before.

oh... and thanks for leaving some of that salad, I just ate it for lunch and it was fabulous. :O)
Silly,
Who doesn't love cow talk?
Glad I could finally get there!
Camille said…
I had a great time and I kept Mike awake all night informing him on all my knowledge about cows. It really is my fault, I needed some girl time and never wanted to leave. :)
Thanks Erinn you are awesome to let us come and party at your house.
Recipe Swap is AWESOME. I love it!
Gallant Family said…
You look the same even in the pictures when Cate was just born! I like them when they are all cleaned up for shows like those ones. They are quite gorgeous, I think!