34 with 6 To Go

{Whine Alert!! Do Not proceed if you don't want to hear/read it. It might be to much to take if you are a man as well who has never had a pregnant wife....
Just a fair warning.}






Well I have hit a weight mark that I have NEVER hit before with any of my pregnancies. 143.

My veins look like they might explode. I was checking and found that the body has an extra 2 1/2 pounds of blood while pregnant. No wonder they are a phlebotomist's dream.

My back is nearly putting me in constant pain, nearly immobilizing me. I can't bend over, not due to the size of my belly, but because it causes pain when I do.

I have become an insomniac, not falling asleep until after 2 am. Even with Unisom's help.

Contractions are at a minimum, which is great, but when one hits, they hurt.

Maternity clothes are so getting old.


Okay, that is all I am complaining about. I am glad that as of my last appointment I am healthy, and relatively what Monica considers perfect for being pregnant. Everything checks in as just right, like weight, iron levels, blood pressure, size of belly, baby's heart beat...etc. I go back in on Friday.

I recall with much clarity that after delivering Catelyn, Dr. West declared, "You were made to have babies."

It was a very awesome compliment. I have yet to vomit once, and have gone through {almost} 4 pregnancies. I still have moments where I forget I am pregnant. But that maybe due to being pregnant and forgetting things all the time. Deliveries, so far, have gone smoothly without to
much drama to me or baby, and I actually enjoy delivery day.
So, yeah, maybe the Lord knew that I would manage being pregnant just fine.

It's not like I am going to have to deliver in the wild, while fending off thieves or Indians with my own shot gun... or that I am trying to collect enough buffalo chips... or have only one maternity dress that I had to sew by hand, or that I worry of dying during delivery, with my other children and husband at my side....
in a freezing cold winter at Winter Quarters.
Right? Gosh, sorry, but my mission to such a place really altered my outlook on some of life's experiences.



Doesn't mean I don't have my few complaints though.
Wink, Wink!

Comments

Cherie Nelson said…
This post makes me feel so much better about myself! I'm at 32 weeks and keep thinking to myself, "Should I really be feeling this pregnant and hurting so much?" I also have gained more weight with this pregnancy so far then any of my others and I am already waddling (although I try my hardest not to in public). Not too much longer for either one of us!!!
Matt and Jessie said…
Also you must add to the list of pregnancy pro's that you make an adorable pregnant lady! : )
kari said…
Your darling- and you better keep that 143 comment quiet. Women will beat you down for saying that. I know from experience! :)
Anonymous said…
you are gorgeous. I can't believe that you would ever think you are "big". love ya tons. you'll be done soon and we will have a new boy/girl (or girl/boy) that is a part of our family!
Diana said…
Gosh! You are such a gorgeous woman!
Camille said…
I am so excited for you Gina! Cant wait to meet the new babe! Hang in there 6 weeks is not too bad!
Sis - you crack me up. You definitely were made to have babies though...I just hope you don't suck up all the good vibes of pregnancy/birth...cuz I'm going to need some of that too, someday...PS...you look VERY cute, and i love that you're sticking with that traditional heart on belly photo :) do you have one with each babe?