Haircut Mistake #143


#143 Never leave your child unattended,
even after you have put the clippers away.


Really, I had cleaned up everything Monday evening, vacuumed, and wiped the counters down. I had however left the box with my capes, clippers, and scissors just in the hall, waiting for me to put them up in the laundry room, but not until I was done with the vacuum. You know, so I could do both jobs at once.

I suddenly hear the light hum of some "strange" sound coming from "somewhere".

I start looking around. I found Landon holding the clippers, which were plugged in, in his room, within 30 seconds of this sound. So I take them away, thinking nothing of it.

Monday night the attack of the sinus infection.
All day Tuesday, I feel rotten.

Tuesday evening.

I look at my son a little closer.

How had I missed the fact that a good 2-3 inch square of hair was MISSING!!!!








On a side note, our baby girl Cate, is 6 today. Blogged about it on their blog...and I will need to add this post to their blog too, but not today. Today, she is the blog highlight. Heee Heee. I am making cupcakes to take to her class, and sharing in the fun with my friend Camille, as her son {whom Cate adores!} turns 6 tomorrow. She is bringing some treats too. Then tonight we as a family, are going to see Esther and the King. It's musical that our Stake has worked on for months and this is the week of performing it. I am excited to see it, as several friends are in it, including my Dana! {and she has a solo!}

Tomorrow, if I don't die in my sleep from lack of oxygen to the brain-- as I seriously think I am barely improving, I get to go see Dr. H again. I don't think Blaine is going to be right this time, about B coming 10 days from his point of view. That would be the 23rd. I don't think it will happen.

Which leads me to jot down this rather fun thought I had a while back.

Cate was born at 2:05 pm.
Landon came at 12 noon on the dot.
Jocelyn was born at 10:07 am.
B should be born at 8:06am or so, don't you think?


A while back I journaled this:

The list of things that will happen between today and this baby coming is crazy!
Take a look!

Starting in 6 days... Super Saturday Nov. 15
Thanksgiving Day and Lynn's Birthday Nov. 27
Grandma Mac's Birthday Dec. 2
Janelle's Birthday Dec. 4
My Birthday Dec. 18
Christmas Dec. 25
New Years Jan. 1
Grandma Cindy's Birthday Jan. 10
Jocelyn's Birthday Jan. 27
Landon's Birthday Feb. 2
Valentines Day Feb. 14
St. Patricks Day Mar. 17
Catelyn's Birthday Mar. 19
April Fools Day April 1
Conference Weekend
Baby B Due April 15


Well, the list is down to only having three things on it. I am pretty happy about that.

Comments

Tiffy said…
OH NO!! I love that you didn't notice that until the next day!! BUT it isn't bad at all!! Just funny!
Amber M said…
Oh dear. Usually it's your girls who will cut their hair. Thank goodness it's only Landon and it will grow back sooner. I am sorry you got sick. Pregnant and sick is a bad combo. Let me know if you need me to take the kids... we would love to have them over to play in the dirt.
Gallant Family said…
HOLY COW. And doesn't he HATE the clippers? Maybe now that he's done it himself, he will not freak out the next time because he knows it won't cut him. Yeah, good think he's a boy and it will be grown in in two weeks :0) Thanks for coming to the show you were part of an awesome audience. And your comment was too kind, but I know you don't add fluff, so really, THANK YOU! Are the antibiotics helping with the sinusitis?
Erinn said…
oh man! lol. I swear pulling a stunt like this is some unspoken right of passage for all kids. Good thing he still looks as handsome as ever!
Matt and Jessie said…
I am totally moving my clippers to a safer location! That sounds like something that would happen at my house. Luckly it was not one of your girls! I was just catching up on all of your posts. You always make me smile. Thanks! I needed that today. You should write a book or something. : )