March 28th, 2008-2009

One year ago...


I am about to celebrate one full year of blogging.

March 28th.

I am really surprised at myself.

I am impressed with myself that I didn't quit or loose interest. That is wasn't a fad thing for me. And that it continues to be a habitual thing for me to write.
.
I looked back on what I first wrote really quickly, and I have done exactly what I set out to do.

I have blogged/journaled for me, and not about the kids or the house or anything like that.

I do admit that I started out because of Twilight, something that had consumed my spare time, and punctured into my work time as well. Thankfully, that phase has pasted, and any Twilighter knows what I mean by that.

I am grateful for my blogs. I enjoy writing about my kids, my past as of recent, and about what little or major things are going on in my life.

It's not easy to write strictly about my world, as it completely revolves around my children, my husband, and church and scrapbooking....but it's been a good experience to try writing about me on my blog, and attempting to separate them out. I am also glad that I started blogging about their world on their own blog. I really want to print all this into a book at some point. I was thinking a yearly published book would be good, but I haven't found what I am looking for in regards to this.

Catelyn and Landon have really become aware of the computer and "their" blog. They love to look at their photos and soon enough they will be able to read what I write about them there.

Thanks Dana, for helping me really get started. Thanks for those of you who support and comment and enjoy my writing style, which is my personality and character in print. Thanks, Kyle, for always taking interest in what I have written, and why.

I may not ever be like Anne Frank, but for me, it's been a great year with Blogger.

Comments

Gallant Family said…
Happy Anniversary!?! I love your blog. It is totally unique and YOU! Can't wait for Baby B, but not this weekend, okay?
Camille said…
Gina you have a fun blog and I always enjoy reading it.

Happy 1 year!

If you figure out a way to put it in a book let me know. I am working on mine but it may not be done til 2012. :). I am imputing all my blog into blurb and it is a lot of work. I am still mad that they got rid of blogger and wont impute it the easy way. :( Blurb is way cool though, besides that.
Cortnie said…
Love reading your blog! I'm so glad that you and Dana set me one up. It's been great being blogging buddy's!