Do you find that you skip some posts of friends/other bloggers totally based on the title of their post???
In all honestly, I totally do.
I find that if it's a catchy post title, I am super eager to read it.
Am I alone here???
If it reads:
Valentines Update
I nearly think...bor-----ring.....
TAKE THIS FUN QUIZ:
"I want to do something for her... but what?" .....
"Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep... "
(Name the movie for a bonus point)
But if it reads:
How Hot is This?
I am dying to know....how hot is what!!?
So, if it's title-less you can imagine, that I am a terrible blog friend and get to it when I get to it...and if you are private, unfortunately I get behind a bit and have like 6 posts to read.
I am just being honest, here. I am not trying to change or convert anyone to catch phrases, titles, or words. It's your blog and you should do what you want and what you feel is working for you. I was just thinking about this little quirk of mine and whose posts I read first...and why.
There is no rhyme or reasons either. You can be one of my closest friends (Dana!) and I skip or read your blog in comparison to someone I seldom see but enjoy peeking in on (Jaimee) based on the title of your blog.
Some blogs I never make it to, I swear, and it's not anything personal. I completely understand private blogs, as we have one for our kids....you probably are reading this thinking, "I never read Gina's blog or her kid's blog for that matter". Which is fine.
Or perhaps you are a blogger who reads and seldom or NEVER comments and I don't even know you are looking....(Bishop!) Heee Heee. (To all you Strangers and Non-Commentors..stop peeking in if you are a stalker!! and haven't any courage to say you were here or why you came to visit my blog!)
And I wonder sometimes about friends who I know blog frequently and often visit my blog, but never comment. (MOM!!!! Really, my own mother!!!!!)
f you never comment on my blog, why would I take time to comment on yours?
Well, maybe it was all about the title.
Bonus Point? Did you get it?
Beauty and the Beast
If you click on the Take the Quiz link...you can test your Disney knowledge a bit more too!
Also, I hope NO ONE thinks I am picking on them or think they aren't good bloggers. I was thinking about this, and wrote what I did, because it's who I am. Don't take any of it personal--please!
In all honestly, I totally do.
I find that if it's a catchy post title, I am super eager to read it.
Am I alone here???
If it reads:
Valentines Update
I nearly think...bor-----ring.....
TAKE THIS FUN QUIZ:
"I want to do something for her... but what?" .....
"Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep... "
(Name the movie for a bonus point)
But if it reads:
How Hot is This?
I am dying to know....how hot is what!!?
So, if it's title-less you can imagine, that I am a terrible blog friend and get to it when I get to it...and if you are private, unfortunately I get behind a bit and have like 6 posts to read.
I am just being honest, here. I am not trying to change or convert anyone to catch phrases, titles, or words. It's your blog and you should do what you want and what you feel is working for you. I was just thinking about this little quirk of mine and whose posts I read first...and why.
There is no rhyme or reasons either. You can be one of my closest friends (Dana!) and I skip or read your blog in comparison to someone I seldom see but enjoy peeking in on (Jaimee) based on the title of your blog.
Some blogs I never make it to, I swear, and it's not anything personal. I completely understand private blogs, as we have one for our kids....you probably are reading this thinking, "I never read Gina's blog or her kid's blog for that matter". Which is fine.
Or perhaps you are a blogger who reads and seldom or NEVER comments and I don't even know you are looking....(Bishop!) Heee Heee. (To all you Strangers and Non-Commentors..stop peeking in if you are a stalker!! and haven't any courage to say you were here or why you came to visit my blog!)
And I wonder sometimes about friends who I know blog frequently and often visit my blog, but never comment. (MOM!!!! Really, my own mother!!!!!)
f you never comment on my blog, why would I take time to comment on yours?
Well, maybe it was all about the title.
Bonus Point? Did you get it?
Beauty and the Beast
If you click on the Take the Quiz link...you can test your Disney knowledge a bit more too!
Also, I hope NO ONE thinks I am picking on them or think they aren't good bloggers. I was thinking about this, and wrote what I did, because it's who I am. Don't take any of it personal--please!
Comments
The whole comment thing... I don't ALWAYS comment. Sometimes I just enjoy catching up with people and not feeling pressured to comment.
The blog-o-sphere is funny place. I knew someone who was complaining that they never get comments. If your blogging for comments then I think your doing it for the wrong reasons. just my opinion.
I love your blog because you don't dance around things. If you feel a certain way you don't care if anyone disagrees with you. I wish I was more like that.
Sorry to ramble on...
ps- i am SO jealous of your new dryer :( Someday.....*sigh*