Talk About Crazy

"I didn't expect to see you here."

"Haven't you had that baby yet?"

"How much longer do you have?"

Three infamous things pregnant ladies have to hear at church.

The sarcastic me had an answer for each of these too.....

To the first:

"Do I ever miss church? Seriously. It's not like we are going inactive."

To the second:

"Yes, of course I have. I just can't figure out what this tumor is>"

To the third:

"Every day until it's over."


Another great one you get is:

"How are you feeling?"

The real answer?

"Pregnant."



I am so glad for the questions though. {Kyle got a half a dozen similar questions too!} I/We have some of the best friends and neighbors that ask me and did ask me these questions out of GENUINE concern and interest, and I KNOW that. {So as a side note, if you asked, I really am glad that you cared enough to ask.} Our good friends, the Belnaps, well her son asked me that and his mom told me I could hit him. It's really okay. I don't mind that I am still pregnant. It would be nice to have it over with though. It made me laugh.

And I think for the most part, the sarcastic me didn't show up to church today. Unfortunately, I tend to give an earful if you ask me how much longer, or how I feel. I just talk plenty, that is is for sure. My poor friends.


I have been thinking however of making a list of complaints and just handing it over to Dr. Hall. The list would look like this:

Can't kneel/bend my knee properly without pain
Bad heartburn
Achy and restless leg syndrome
Insomnia {without medication}
Serious pressure and pain in several areas of the body
Hard, labored breathing to go up stairs
Constant back pain
Frequent, paralzing sciatic nerve issues
Pain due to sitting to long, standing too long or lying down too long
Short tempered due to inability to move about properly
I swear I have hit the waddling stage...
Tired of my kids asking if our baby is coming today
And worst of all....
Nightmares of epidurals and scrap-booking with very old grandmas {Not that grandmas aren't great or cool, but these are twisted weird dreams mind you...so it's not so great to spend my favorite hobby with the elderly in this manner. Really weird dreams.}


Bahahahahhaa!

Seriously, though the last one isn't a joke. Ambien has some great results for me. I can sleep nearly 10-11 hours with it. But one of the side effects may be weirder dreams than normal for the pregnant mind. But it may be just the pregnant mind at work too. Not sure.



Lastly, I am so tired of Idaho "spring". It doesn't rain here. We get awful blizzards of wet, cold snow after a few days of nice weather. Then it's like the shampoo bottle says, rinse and repeat. It warms up, melts away, and then repeats.

I tried to convince Catelyn that Satan didn't cause the snow today. I don't think she believed me. "God must know that we need some more snow. It will melt and fill the lakes and rivers, honey."

"No. Satan did it."

So yeah, talk about crazy. I am actually still pregnant. And it's snowing. It's just crazy, I tell you. And I can think of two pros that come out of still being pregnant. Here's the crazy talking, for sure.

Not having four kids. {This truly is a scary thought right now. I am not sure I can do it. But there isn't any way out of it, and I/we did choose to have a fourth. But it's still a scary thought.}

A healthy baby. At least we hope our stinkin' guts ou,t right? Full term means that baby is less likely to have complications in areas such as the eyes, ears, lungs, weight, bowel and stomach, brain, and so forth. We did have some fantastic friends who had a full term baby, when we lived in Nampa, who's little guy did come with some major problems, but over all, I think that statics show it's better to go full term than early.

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
You are getting so close! I swear you make me so mad though! Here you are a few days shy of having a baby and you look awesome. You are always smiling and you still fit in your maternity clothes and look all made up. I can never fit in even my maternity clothes the last few days of pregnancy.

As for the handling of 4 kids, I can think of no one better equiped for it than you and Kyle. You are amazing and this is one lucky baby!

I am gonna have to get some Ambien for sure! Sounds like a trip!
The G-5+2 said…
I know how you are feeling and I am not looking forward to that in hot humid Memphis. I think I would take your snow over what I get to do when I am at that stage.
I think I you will do great with 4 and then you can give me tips when mine comes.
As for the dreams I have dreams like that without the sleeping pills. I have done a little better in the dream dept this time but still have a ways to go.
I hope that things go well with the birth. I think it will be a boy because I am having a girl and we have done similar things our whole married lives so it is only logical that you will have 2 girls and 2 boys also. Good luck and sorry I got long winded.