To Ultrasound or Not

I have what looks like a bruise on the side of my knee. It's really a spider/vericose vein. {Thanks alot Baby B.}

I definitely can't kneel on it, without suffering excruciating pain. When I do kneel on it, its a sharp jolting pain that goes into my calf, and then throbs for some time after getting off my knee. So, simple solution? Stop getting on my knees. Monica confirmed what I thought: the pain will go away after the baby is born most likely, and futuristly I would need to have lazer surgery on it or something.... THere is some extra 2-3 pounds of blood pumping through my veins...ew. But that is the reality of it.

Well, starting early this morning, it's been bothering me. My knee has been throbbing all day, obviously worsened by kneeling or squatting. I have rested it, and it still aches. So after Kyle encourgaged me to call the doctor about it, the long and short is that they are recommending an ultrasound to be safe.

I hate decisions like this. It's not worth the finicial risk of having some other problem, but I hate to spend money only to hear them say, "It's a common cold" tpe of answer. "You'll be fine, there isn't anything there but bulging veins. Sorry."

We are thinking this one over. The deciding factor will probably be if I wake up in the morning with the same achy pain as today.

Blah.

Whine.

Whine.

I know.

Comments

How is it feeling today???
I have had the completely wasteful ultrasound on leg veins. Better safe than sorry, but it really hurts when you make the check!
So? Whats the verdict? Going to the dr for that ultrasound?