
Waiting around took a tole on everybody! My dad was crazy impatient and I really think Kyle was somewhat bored! There is nothing on TV at that time of day either. We arrived {as instructed by Dr. Hall} at 7:50. That is between 7:30 and 8 am. But somehow we missed him. He was unable to break my water. So I got my pit drip and started bringing on the contractions. Around noon Kyle and my nurse Brittany convinced me to get an epidural. I was feeling pretty good, but we anticipated that Dr. Hall would be in soon and once he were to break my water things miht go to fast to get the epidural in time. Sure enough, he showed up while I was getting my epidural and was again, unable to break my water!!!! So he returned to surgery and we waited...and waited...
At 3pm Dr. Hall returned, broke my water and within an hour I was ready. The number of folks who stayed in the room might freak some out. But I don't care. So Kyle and my brother Blake and my mom and some nursing students and of course my nurse and Dr. Hall were all in there. Behind the curtain awaited Blake's friend (and ours) Stephen, and my dad.
I only pushed for 9 minutes, which everyone has enjoyed making fun of me for becasue I couldn't get my breathing right, but regardless....delievered a baby at 4:24 pm. I had to ask what gender it was, as everyone could see but me! Dr. Hall replied, "Oh! It's a girl!" I held her for a second, and then she was wisked away to her little bed for cleaning up and what not.
I had to ask Kyle if he actually saw that it was a girl.
I never saw her parts, so I wasn't convinced until I peeked into her diaper the first time.
Hee. Hee.

Blake was the photographer. He caught some fun shots too! I love hearing that first cry. It's always kind of funny to me. It's sweet and tiny and be long anticipated so it sounds "good". But I also know that cry is going to loose it's sweetness. And by the time they are 6 years old, it's really not cute anymore!

We have a photo of our "new" family with every baby. So this one is priceless.
We just keep growing, 2 feet at a time!


Brooklyn Jade was born April 8, 2008 at 4:24 pm. She was {exactly as I said on the way into the hospital} the exact weight I thought. 7 pounds, 2 ounces. I had predeicted 7/2 or 7/4 and I was right! She was 20 inches long and came to us bald with blue eyes. She looks just like her sisters too, and we also can see a good bit of Landon. It's pretty incredible.
I love being a mom.

Comments
Congratulations!
Hey I want to take your kids one day this week... what works best for you? I can do any day except Thursday. Let me know. Grady and I are looking forward to it!
Your kids are welcome to come over anytime. We would love it! I will call ya and see what works for you.
I had to leave a comment because I thought it was TOO ironic that you named her Brooklyn Jade. You know Mylie's brother Blake? His daughter, who is 5 I think, is named Brooklyn Jade! HAHA!! So funny! Maybe you've talked to Mylie and she already told you that, but I had to comment!
Fun to see that you blog too. I never was a scrapper, but I am a Blogger! Come visit my blog, if you wish!
Good luck with your brand new family of 6!
:)
-Clancy
I have been thinking about you and wondering if you had her yet. She is such a cute baby. Landon and Katelyn were so cute on sunday when I asked if you had the baby yet. They had the biggest smiles on their faces, and looked so proud. You have beautiful children. Please let me know if you need anything.