Over the Weekend and $85 and More!

WHAT A DAY!!!!!
Memorial Day 2009!


I was going to take photos of Grandma Kathleen's headstone, but forgot the camera. We took the kids and told them a bit about her and who she was/is. Cate really was trying to wrap her mind around it all. Pretty fun. We then headed over to Mac and Kelly's to help with some yard work, and I ran to the store while they did that. When we got home, kids took some quiet time, I baked up cookies and cleaned up the house and Kyle cleaned the grill and put up the brackets for our rain gutter for the back of the house. He is learning as he is doing it...But he's doing great and it's going to be fantastic to have this project done in a few weeks.

Our party guests arrived on time and with food galore! {Thanks for coming everybody!} We love having people over to our yard/house to hang out. The kids had a blast, though they kept hitting each other on accident with the Hill Billy Horse Shoes. Jocelyn was a magnetic for them I swear!

The food cooked was awesome! Some did Root Beer Chicken, some Lime Chipotle Chicken, others BBQ Chicken, some Steak, and even BBQed Asparagus! It was so good! The salads were awesome, the cheese ball was d-lish, and the cookies were pretty great, if I do say so myself. It was divine for a BBQ!

The girls gabbed away while the men played "Bachi Ball" (sp?). It's a version of golf/bowling. They seemed to have a pretty good time doing it. Kyle missed out on all that though, as he got a call. Bummer! But at least he didn't miss out on his good cooking!

Elders Calder and Barg joined us for food, but then left promptly as they should have, for an appointment. They stopped on by after that though on their way home and pushed my kids on the swings for a few minutes. Now my kids L-O-V-E the missionaries. Landon could be heard saying "Missionary! Go Higher!" We kept telling the kids their names, but alas, that didn't help. I am really impressed with this set of missionaries and really like them too. They are fun and serious, and work hard. It makes me miss a few of my elder buddies from my mission days. {And I can't find them on facebook either! and not having a first name really doesn't help!} Everyone helped pick up and we hit the hay a little late for normal bedtimes, but the kids loved it! It was Be-U-tiful weather too! What luck! The wind didn't ruin it! Thanks Heavenly Father for that!

Well, here are a few fun photos from the night.












My only regret is that I didn't get any of the photos and I didn't get everyone photographed that came!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought us a trampoline!!
Just last night at 7:30!!!!

I am pretty excited about it! And I know the kids will be too, when they learn about it!

I found it off ksl.com and she was asking $100 bucks. I told her I had been wanting one so bad for the kids but only had $75 to work with. She said she would do it for $85. Deal, especially since it's already broken down and ready to go. My brother (WHO IS AWE-SOME!!!) went and paid for it and brought it home to his place in UT LAST NIGHT!!!! Talk about a fast purchase. By9:30 we had our tramp.

Now, I just need $85 bucks and to go to UT to get it!

Which we are going to do on Friday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a computer problem! I can't get my photos to burn to a disc like they normally have done. I feel wretched about it too, because the Johnson family is waiting for their family photos that I took!! I hope to resolve the problem today. Blah! What a joke computers can be!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I hate how Facebook's search engine works. It SUCKS! I wish I could type in this kind of info:

Steve Riggs
age 28-29
from California

Then, click Search. It would be nice to weed out the hundreds of Ben Johnsons, and find just a few Ben Johnsons from UT, or the few Steve Riggs from California....Oh no....A Search for Emily Ann Hayward is a joke ---all of these searches were fruitless for me.

Is that ALL you've got Facebook for searching for someone?!!! What a nightmare. AND IF I HAD THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS WHY WOULD I NEED TO SEARCH FOR THEM ON FACEBOOK! I would just email them! What a terrible way to search for lost friends.

Okay, Facebook does have some fun and great things, I just hate their search engine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My kids are out swinging like mad and they have been out there for a half hour already. What a way to start the day...outside to play before 9 am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight is Catelyn's Kindergarten graduation. This day came really fast for me. I can't believe an entire school year has flown by. We have loved Mrs. Davenport for a teacher, and I am sad that Cate won't have her for Grade 1. I am not sure who she will have for a teacher, but they have big shoes to fill. That woman, Bless Her Soul, is a godsend for 5-6 year olds. I would like to get something for her from the group of us....Better start phoning people now...

Anyway, CONGRATS CATELYN!!! You have done a fantastic job! That is for sure! We love you and are so proud of you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it. What a terribly long post!
If you read it all, let me shout a Hoo-Rah to ya!

Comments

HOLY COW!!! I've been missing a lot!!! It's been incredibly busy here too! Been gone 2 weekends in a row now...blah!
AWESOME about the tramp...talked to mom...sounds like I wont see you when you come...boo.
Congrats to Cate...I need to call her!
Matt and Jessie said…
You have had a ton of stuff going on!! Thanks for the fun BBQ!! We had a blast! It was fun to hang out with everyone and all the food was GREAT!

Congrats on the new trampoline. What perfect timing to get a steal on one!!

I hope you found photo shop, and that your computer is cooperating with you today!! : )
Court n Chad said…
Sounds like a super fun BBQ. I can't wait to have one once my grass really comes in. It's looking greener out there every day, only about a week (or less) left, I think! Kayson has been having a blast on your tramp, Chad set it up last night. We also went to seven peaks today (water park) with the kids, so much fun! We should all go to a water park again this summer! (preferably there, because we bought season passes) Anyway, we're excited to see you this weekend! (Even for a little while)
Rachel said…
Way to get a steal of a deal on a trampoline! I also want one...but I have to have grass first. Hopefully next year... :)
Anonymous said…
So what does a person have to do to get invited to anything?
Cortnie said…
Good Job Kate!!!! Wow, this school year has flown. Great deal making on the trampoline!!! It's always nice when someone is selling something you need/want. Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm so glad it's finally warm!!
Sounds like lots of fun. Your kids will LOVE the trampoline, and so will you!
Kindergarten flew by WAY too fast. We'll have to get these girls together over summer.
Gallant Family said…
Hooray to me! I finally got around to catching up on everyone's blogs. Sorry! THe BBQ was a blast. I love the air that Tory got while playing "bocce" ball ;0) The way you spelled it would work too. I can't even remember what else you blogged about...oh yes...facebook. I totally agree! It is a joke for sure. I know 2 Ben Johnsons just from Brigham City, being my age. I can't imagine how many others there are! Yeesh.