The Perfect Diaper Bag is a Dream

I should go into designing diaper bags. At least designing just one, the perfect one for me.

It doesn't exist.

I have hunted, borrowed, and looked on-line for the perfect bag.
There are several qualities the bag has to have. Here is my list of wants out of a diaper bag for this particular stage. (Each age of a baby requires a different kind of bag. After 4 babies, you would think I would have the perfect bag for each stage. I know.)
  1. A mesh pocket and a regular pocket on the outside ends of the bag.
  2. One Strap.
  3. Enough room, but not be bulky.
  4. Lightweight, because it's going to get heavier quickly, plus I am packing around the car seat.
  5. Cute exterior look.
  6. Pockets in the inside.
  7. Easy closure, so that when it tips over (cause it will) nothing falls out.
  8. Self-Standing when empty.
Below are a few of the worthy candidates that I looked at and considered seriously. Several were loaded up and 'tested" for a day.

This bag is great, it's my church bag. But it's perfect for our church needs, not for a daily use bag. It's best feature: It's self standing when empty. Worst feature: The double zipper closure.



This beauty's best feature is the fun look. Worst feature: double strap.



All of these candidates had their pluses and minuses, and I thank Kara for let me test drive a few of them out!


This was a pretty good bag at first, but I have to say it's worst feature was the narrow opening. Best Feature: The exterior mesh pocket and single strap.
The winner (for now at least) is this one. Stylish exterior. Great pockets. No mesh exterior pocket and bummer messenger flap closure. It's got great room though, and the flap is magnetic which helps. It's only got one strap, and no extra straps, which is great.


Anyway, I could go on and on about the drama of me and bags...it's pretty pathetic actually, but for now...Thanks Dana, Kara, and Tasha for your help in helping me find a bag. And thanks to Jessie and Camille for letting me vent about it! What great friends to listen to me complain about a bag!!!!!

Well, off to do more important things.
Bahahahha.

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
You should be a bag designer. You have the crafty eye, so you could make them cute and functional. You are smart to try out a few before you buy. I always just buy one and then end up not liking it, but having to use it because I paid good money for it!

Also, thanks for enlightening me about the Star Wars movies.

Hopefully the boys can play this week!
Erinn said…
true true! I keep switching bags hoping I'll settle on one, with no real luck. I'll have to give your suggestion a try!
Erinn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said…
Wow... yes you have done your research.

I am still using the free hospital bag!! (I guess they are not really free since I make a monthly payment to them.)

Let me know when you find the Dream bag or make one so you can hook me up!
Autumn said…
Glad I am not the only one who thinks this. When I was using a diaper bag I would complain and Mike would look at me as if I were crazy and say "its just a bag why don't you just use your old backpack?" (As if...) Oh if only it really was that simple.
My cousin has actually started making them due to her frustration.
Erin Ellsworth said…
My parents got me a cute bag from Hawaii. I love the size and look, but there are only 2 pockets. It has become the bottomless pit. I want Marry Poppins bag that produces whatever she needs regardless the size!
Autumn said…
edible underwear huh? Now I know why you need so many pockets. :)
Just kidding...you made me seriously laugh out loud!

See you at recipe swap.