Spring Work and 10 Things and Del


What fun poo is. Kyle and the kids went out to the farm on Thursday night and got a truck load of the stuff for our garden. He shoveled away and then spread it out with the shovel...then Saturday morning tilled it in. We are ready to plant. It's pretty exciting! He also put Weed and Feed down on the lawn and I bought and planted 12 more pansies in the front flower beds. My hostas are coming up too, and my bleeding heart plants look AWE-SOME this year! I really want a Virginia Creeper Ivy plant this year.
Photobucket
Our next goal is to get a rain gutter on the back of the house so we can plant the back flower beds. This is where the sun hits all day long and so I can plant some prettier flowers and what not there. I want the back of the house to look awesome because we don't have a fence, and aren't getting one soon that I know of!

We drive around and see our friends who have major yard work to do or pay to have done. We honestly feel for them, and are so glad that we are past that part of owning a house. We are slightly jade green of our friends who have finished yards and basements....one project at a time though, right?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while ago I saw a tag that I have been wanting to do....

10 Things That Make Me Terribly Happy
  1. Baby feet in flip flops...so sweet.
  2. The smell of my girl's hair fresh out of the tub.
  3. Ribbon, in all it's varieties.
  4. Gospel Ah-Ha Moments.
  5. Kyle.
  6. A surprise bonus/commission check.
  7. New clothes....though I never have much in that area.
  8. When Kyle and I get to the temple.
  9. Those first few hours after having my babies.
  10. Taking pictures of people I love.
Thanks Erinn. I love thinking about what makes me happy. It's good for the soul.


**********************************************************************

Okay, so perhaps you don't know Del Moss, but he recently is out of work. He has a variety of skills and is a great guy. He and his sweetheart Amy are looking at this as a new opportunity and trying to have a positive outlook on this. I am blogging about this because I WAS ASKED to do so. The blogging world (which seems to be slower these days) does help spread the word though, and Amy thought a shout out might help in his hunt for work. This is the email I received from her:

Last Wednesday Del was laid off from his job. We want to get the word out that we are looking. Can you maybe do something for us? He has been a graphic artist for 20 years but has restaurant experience and would even be willing to drive for UPS or build cabinets.

We are looking at this as an adventure. Graphics would be nice but change is also good. Thank you for your help. I don’t know how blogging works but it sure gets the word out fast.

Amy Moss



If you know of anything that might work for them, please email Del and Amy at: mossa@byui.edu---Thanks!


Comments

Gallant Family said…
Gardens are so much fun. We need to really get ours going. Can't wait to see it all come together.
Bleeding hearts!!! I love those...Do you remember the story mom used to tell us about the slippers and wand? I've forgotten...
kari said…
Gina! My mom wants to know if you'll be around this weekend to take pictures of my family who WILL all be here for Memorial Day. I know, it's a holiday but we wanted to ask.

Kari :)
Erinn said…
Love your list!! I'm way jealous that you guys already have your garden in. I have been a slacker but am hoping to get to it on Thursday!
Erin Ellsworth said…
Go Kyle Go! Love the poop picture! I am also thankful that most of our yard is in - that was a lot of work. We also need rain gutters in order to finish flower beds. I know it is silly but I didn't even realize we did't have them till the first time it rained really hard.