


Between Chad and Blake and myself, I have nearly 300 photos from the weekend. But see, Chad and Blake take funky photos--which are fun and have their place--but they also take so many stupid ones. Like Chad--he took a photo of my clock every minute for ten minutes, just to catch the hand moving. And Blake--he snapped funky angles of Grandma and Brooklyn and some of Kyle's toes. So, of those 300 maybe 1/2 are good for scrapbooking and posting! Case in point--Blake's self portraits.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was a crazy and fun weekend! Chad and Courtney and their kids were here this weekend for Brooklyn's baby blessing. We did some fun stuff too! The weather was awesome--which totally helped! The kids were so happy to be outside playing. We went to the zoo, we made hair bows, they jumped on the tramp, rode the four-wheeler, and hung out on the farm. We adults went to dinner {Did you know Jaker's has a $10 menu???}, visited, and watched a DVD comedy show. I made up a different kind of Sweet and Sour chicken, {Thanks Rachel!!!} for Mother's Day and it was divine!
A few shots from the zoo...


Jocelyn and I riding the 4-wheeler...
Hanging out at night at home...which means playing with the computer and talking.
Kayson {who's middle name should be "Destroyer" --and I say that will all the love in the world--} Well, Kayson loved Ziva, the farm, playing with Landon, and was pretty good at being mischievous....He was an accomplice to hammering holes in Cate's bedroom wall, tried to swing from our gutter drainage chain, had to be asked to stop kicking my trees, threw cars at Cate, and threw a rock at Mom's car. {I have left off a bunch of minor naughty things out...And Courtney and Chad, someday you will be able to make a list like this of one of my kids, I am sure....}My mother raised me right. She did. She taught me at a very young age the difference between paper scissors and fabric scissors. You might think this is dumb, but you may be laughing your head off if you had a mom that insisted that you didn't cut paper with the fabric scissors if you wanted to live.
When Courtney and I sat down to make the bows, my mom nearly freaked out that I was going to use her fabric scissors to cut wire. I laughed and told her, "You raised me right. I know the difference between paper scissors and fabric scissors!" I also know what wire cutters are! She didn't live that one down all weekend!



Over 35 bows done! It was fun for me! With three girls, I needed 3x what Courtney did! Also bless Dana's heart! She crocheted a few posh posies for Courtney and I too! Love her!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Grandpa Dean hung out with us too for a good part of Sunday! I got Catelyn on his lap for a quick shot and then one of me and Grandpa. I think I am his favorite. I cut his hair. How could he not love me most??


My mother's day was awesome! Kyle did a great job in getting me a small gift. Which is perfect. It was a new pizza cutter and a box of Reese's Puffs cereal. Mmmmmm good! You might think that is a lame gift, but trust me....it was perfect!
Here are five reasons I love being a mom:
Reason #1:
Reason #4: (Yes they aren't in order!)
Reason #2:
Reason #3:
Reason #5: (Watching the Father of my children love them)
I will post more later about Brooklyn's blessing day.We didn't snag very many photos, but here is one that will be a treasure for a long time:
Brooklyn with her Mom with her Mom, with her Mom. Yep, a 4 Generation Matriarchal Photo.


Comments
The 4 generation picture is so wonderful.
What a fun weekend.
How come you didn't stop and visit on your walk yesterday? :)
oh, and your mothers day part was very cute, i like how their not in order haha