Things of Note

I didn't realize how much I have missed my playlist!!!!!

Thanks to Kyle, I now can listen to the tunz once again! Which means I can finially post a new playlist, and listen to my friendz' happening tunz too!


DAD UPDATE:

My dad had an angiogram (heart issues) today due to a constant pain in his chest, arm and neck, and after failing a stress test for his heart. His blood pressure has been extremely high, causing alarm. They put one stint in one of his arteries this morning around 11 am. The stint will keep the artery that was 90% blocked with plaque open. To my understanding, 100% blockage = Heart Attack! The surgery wasn't a day to early, we are very lucky.

He was freaking us out a bit after, enough that the Dr. thought they might take him back into surgery, but the trauma and pain started to slowly come down. It was hard to see my tough dad weeping tears of pain as he lay there. It was so severe that he wasn't himself, there was no emotion in his voice as he repeatedly complained of pain in his arm, chest and neck. His head was pounding with a severe headache due to the nitroglycerin and there was nothing they could do for him in regards to his headache...it was have to just run its course. The arm, neck, and chest pain though, they gave him a dose of Morphine and then about 15 minutes later another dose of Fentanol. That finally took affect, as he became less vocal, his blood pressure rate came down and he dozed in and out of a nap.

By 3 o'clock he was much more himself, and we hope to have him at home tomorrow. As a side note, I didn't realize that the answer to this question is YES and not no:
Do you have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease in your family.

Yes. I will now answer that more accurately. The list of heart attacks on the Anderson side is staggering. Several deaths have resulted in that family line all under they age of 60. My Grandma was one of them, passing away this week, in 1992 or was it 1993??? My dad's younger brother Mont, who is 42 has already had a heart attack...my dad's cousin who was the same age roughly passed away a year or so ago from a heart attack.

So apparently, yes. We have a history of heart problems in the family.

Good to know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe with some luck, I will have some computer help tomorrow and get my hands on some photoshop!!!! The last time I said that out loud, my computer crashed.

What a joke.

And I really have got to put a photo up of the new Dell. It's pretty.

Comments

Autumn said…
Glad your dad is okay. Hope he's back home real soon and feeling more like himself even sooner.
Gallant Family said…
I surely can't imagine your dad crying, so it must have been really bad! I am glad to hear he's doing better. Let me know if you need anything :0)
Matt and Jessie said…
Sorry to hear that your dad has been so sick! I hope that he has a speedy recovery. If you need anything, let us know.
Chels said…
well gina, if it helps at all, ive been there and done that. i know pretty well what your goin through, and ya it sucks. I'm so glad things turned out ok. it kinda gives ya a new appreciation of medicine when it happens right in front of ya doesnt it? it did me anyways. the worst part is over but your still in our prayers.
Cortnie said…
Just wondering if your dad got to come home today and how things are going. I'm sorry, it's never fun to see your parents in hard or painful situations. We sure hope he recovers quick and things get back to normal for him and your family.
I had no idea your dad was having problems! I remember when your grandma passed away. That was so sad. I am so glad they did the surgery in time, and you better take good care of yourself!!