"They were slow to hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble. In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me. Verily I say unto you, notwithstanding their sins, my bowels are filled with compassion towards them. I will not utterly cast them off; and in the day of wrath I will remember mercy."
This morning's reading brought me across these three verses. I think they are great. For me, they hit home because I can really relate. When things are going well, I am less likely to pray. But in necessity I do feel after the Lord. What a terrible way to live. I would like to not be this way. It's a constant thing, trying to change, to live a higher standard than what is expected from the general world. I love the Lord and his compassion upon me, that even with my faults and weaknesses, he will have compassion towards me and remember mercy.
This morning's reading brought me across these three verses. I think they are great. For me, they hit home because I can really relate. When things are going well, I am less likely to pray. But in necessity I do feel after the Lord. What a terrible way to live. I would like to not be this way. It's a constant thing, trying to change, to live a higher standard than what is expected from the general world. I love the Lord and his compassion upon me, that even with my faults and weaknesses, he will have compassion towards me and remember mercy.
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Well, I spoke in church on Sunday, for the first time since Kyle has been in the bishopric. 2 1/2 years. That isn't so bad. I can handle that. Also for the first time ever, I was able o speak on the Pioneers as my subject. And easy one after a mission at Winter Quarters, in Omaha Ne. I am sure that most of the congregation found my pioneer talk to be bor-ing! But, oh well. It was the subject assigned, the theme of the month and rightly so with our Stake doing a Trek and Pioneer Day around the corner. I think I would like to speak once a month too, if it's that enjoyable. My kids were so well behaved down on the pew where I had two youth sitting with them. I was able to sit on the stand the whole time, and again,rightly so. You never see a general authority give his talk and then return to his family in the crowd. Sure, sure I can see reasons as to why they can do that....they don't have a crying baby or a fussy two year old. But with a little planning, and the support of good friends and fantastic youth, I was able to enjoy that sacrament meeting from the seat where I belonged for that meeting.
I am doubly impressed with the couple I spoke with as well. They left their two girls down there with family to allow themselves to be up front and prepared to speak. Thanks Kari and Dave! {maybe that seems dumb to you, but I appreciate it!} and also thanks for counting my "UMS". How disturbing that we use that word so much in speech. I appreciate those sister missionaries trying to help me, but come on folks!! It's a common word, no matter how hard to try or focus. You are going to say it!
I am doubly impressed with the couple I spoke with as well. They left their two girls down there with family to allow themselves to be up front and prepared to speak. Thanks Kari and Dave! {maybe that seems dumb to you, but I appreciate it!} and also thanks for counting my "UMS". How disturbing that we use that word so much in speech. I appreciate those sister missionaries trying to help me, but come on folks!! It's a common word, no matter how hard to try or focus. You are going to say it!
♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣
Can we say gross! I spent a half hour scrubbing the window tracks in the kitchen today...Removed the window and all. I got it all sparkly clean and I love that it looks so great, but ew. It was filled with a good 3 years worth of dirt.
○○○○○○
Our favorite Elder goes home on Wednesday.
We are sad.
(Okay maybe not Kyle, but the rest of us!)
We ♥ Elder Calder!

Over heard Landon singing:
Choose the right way, and be happy! I will always choose the right!
That made me smile. Way down deep in my heart.
Also, my kids had to give the theme and talk in church today.
Landon's part was this:
"I will strengthen my family. "
At home he kept saying this:
"I will strengthen my body!"
And at church he said this:
Yep you got it. He froze up, went bright red, and wouldn't even repeat after me.
He is such a funny kid. I adore him.
Catelyn did awesome on her talk! She does such a good time every time.
he seems to enjoy the microphone as much as I do!
Our favorite Elder goes home on Wednesday.
We are sad.
(Okay maybe not Kyle, but the rest of us!)
We ♥ Elder Calder!
Over heard Landon singing:
Choose the right way, and be happy! I will always choose the right!
That made me smile. Way down deep in my heart.
Also, my kids had to give the theme and talk in church today.
Landon's part was this:
"I will strengthen my family. "
At home he kept saying this:
"I will strengthen my body!"
And at church he said this:
Yep you got it. He froze up, went bright red, and wouldn't even repeat after me.
He is such a funny kid. I adore him.
Catelyn did awesome on her talk! She does such a good time every time.
he seems to enjoy the microphone as much as I do!
Comments
You're such a cute journaler, blogger, whatever. I think you capture the essence of it's purpose.
I'm jealous.
:)