BUSY WEEKEND!

There is a lot to consider writing about. So much, so I am just jotting down some pointers.

  • I have worried over a friend of mine, and her family, nearly all week. It's going to be an emotional war for a bit over the whole situation. I adore and respect her, and am trying to think about "What Would Jesus Do" and I feel frustrated because living a Christlike life is hard. I also feel that the Lord has an advantage, and He always knows the truth. Regardless of the truth, I love my friend. That is all I have to say about that.
  • Chelsie came over before going to the Civil War game to talk about how to answer her date to the Homecoming Dance. We now have a plan, and will execute it tonight.
  • Ong came with us to the fair! He got to see a lot of Idaho farm-ness going on. I think he liked it! My kids sure did (more of that to come on their blog!)
  • My dad spent the day in a wheelchair after another night at the hostpital to remove 2 kidney stones after having them nearly kill him for a week. It was kinda funny.
  • I ran into one of my mission companions, Brittany! That was fun!
  • Kyle Calder came to visit. We sure like him. Jocelyn's affection for him has faded a bit. Not surprising, since she is 2 and he has been gone for months.
  • I love the smells at the fair. The mix of spray paint, mint, manure, sawdust, beet pulp, and food. DELICIOUS to me.
  • I can't get over how some people (KENT!) can't help but always relive the past. He will not let go of the fact that his son Alonzo and I kissed 15 years ago. 15 YEARS PEOPLE!!! He brings it up every time and tells anyone he can, and I laugh at the memory and just smile and nod at his craziness.
  • I love that Jake is so into the cows.
  • And I love my Grandpa Dean.
  • Sadly the Bees lost the Civil War Game!
  • I will always think dirty farm boys look really cute in overalls. Even if they are only 4 years old.
It was a busy weekend, but this week is going to be even busier!








Comments

SO JEALOUS!!!! I missed the fair so much this year...even DREAMED about it. haha! we need to chat...i'll call tonight~
How fun! We didn't even go to the fair ONCE. Your kids are so cute. We really need to get together. It is getting silly. See you soon for preschool!
Camille said…
Fun Weekend. We didn't get to the fair either. :( You guys are party animals!
Chels said…
You are always super busy. I cant believe your dad stayed in the wheelchair at the fair, so unlike a pack haha. I agree, boys in farming overalls is always super cute and brings back good memories haha and i also agree that the fair usually smells good:)