Olive and her spouse, who never received a name, died a tragic death on Nov. 21st. An unexpected fall from what was going to be their new home proved to be fatal. Olive and Nameless had been a part of the family for exactly one year. They had spent every month on top of the book shelf, decorated usually for that month's holiday. Truly irreplaceable, I miss them terribly. If anyone should read this and know of where I can find another set, please PLEASE let me know.
♥♥♥
I seldom blog about going to the temple. I am pretty sure this is due to the nature of the temple and the sacredness is holds for me.
However, this Thanksgiving, a new tradition was born perhaps, for my side of the family. We went to do sealings. It was really fun, and special to have the chance to see my parents kneel at the alter--something I haven't ever seen before! {Okay, Kyle pointed out that I probably watched from heaven above when they were married, and would have known that I would be born one year and one day later from that wedding day.} I couldn't help but try to picture my mom at 20 years old and my dad at a dashing 22 years old, {33 years ago}.
It was really nice to be there together. I think it's a good choice of something to do as a family, for us, as it is bonding and testimony building, etc. Plus, it was free.
I don't know when Blake will find that cute girl, and that marriage is for him, but I am looking forward to that. And that oppertunity to watch his sealing in the temple. I don't know if Blaine will go to the temple any time soon, either. But I feel confident that some day he will. So I was a bit sad to look around and think that we are missing a few family members....Janelle and Ryan who weren't able to make it after all for Thanksgiving, due to his work...and Blaine and two future wives (B and B's). Hee Hee. But mostly I felt happy.
I also thought it will be really cool for the day when my kids are ready for the temple. I am eager for them to just turn 12! Yet, I don't want that day to come to soon!
We went out to Jaker's for dinner and then came home to vegg out and watch some BSU football.
I set up the tree today, it was a disaster! But after much help from the family, it's set up....NOT DECORATED, much to Catelyn's dismay. We will tackle that tomorrow!
It's been a pretty fun weekend, with lots of good food, and laughter.
And speaking of laughter....
I thought I was going to pee my pants as I caught Brooklyn holding the house up...
Comments
My parents said they saw you at the temple yesterday. We went for baptisms with our ward. Thats a cool tradition:]
Thats a really really really cute picture of B too, Love ya!
Sorry about the cute little deers! May they rest in peace.
-kyle
yea for the temple!
We should do sealings with you guys sometime! That would be fun, since you ARE our family up here :0)
And that picture of Brooklyn is awesome. Very funny, G.