Do Hospitals Offer a 2-For-1 Special for Christmas?

Why does a Mom's life revolve around poop, pee, snot, vomit, tears, and drool?

I want to know.



Brooklyn followed in Landon's footsteps, and made her hospital stunt Tuesday evening.

Little Stinker.

Sparing all the details, I took her in because I was worried that she hadn't had a wet diaper in 24+ hours. My suspicions to take her were correct, as her blood work came back with poor POOR levels of CO2 and Glucose. As previously mentioned with Landon, fluids and hydration are really pretty important to keep ones' vital organs functioning.

So we went in for dehydration. Her tiny little veins were flat, un-threadable, moving, or otherwise un-findable. SERIOUSLY. They called in resources nurse to try and get her IV going. One foot, two foot, then the arm. NO LUCK. Finally after an HOUR with three seriously failed attempts, we gave up hope on the IV and decided that our only hope was that she would take fluids by mouth and keep them down. If that failed and she threw it up, we would have to do the IV in her head.

Fortunately with a blessing and prayer, she kept her fluids down and by 4 am, was doing much better.

Thanks to all who pitched in to help with kids and were eager to help in anyway, especially Mom, and Mac. Grandmas are so important, for so many reasons.



1 baby born in April
+2 hospital visits in December
= Deductible met,
meaning there goes the tax return.

Comments

Erika said…
There is nothing scarier than a dehydrated child! I'm so happy you were able to get the help you needed when you needed it! Thank goodness for grandmas!!!
Oh man...sorry about your bad luck lately! Hopefully this isn't something that will continue to spread! Let us know if you need anything!
Chels said…
I'm so sorry to hear about her! I went over tuesday after school and got the news straight from cindy. Poor kid, So glad shes doing better though. And the good thing is that your other 3 kids really like Grandmas Casidillas, haha. (jo likes her with ranch) haha, anyways, Hope things continue to get better.
Matt and Jessie said…
I am glad to hear that she was able to keep something down. Poor little girl!! Please let us know if you need anything!!
Wow that is awful! Poor babies. Sorry you guys are getting hit so hard. I hear you on the 2 for 1 deal, that would be nice, huh?
Glad she is okay. :)
Wow that is awful! Poor babies. Sorry you guys are getting hit so hard. I hear you on the 2 for 1 deal, that would be nice, huh?
Glad she is okay. :)
Par 5 said…
Hospitals definitely should offer a 2 for 1! Don't they understand every other place around is offereing all kinds of sales etc. They should give people a break... :) I'm glad your little ones are doing better. Hopefully all will be well for Christmas!
Autumn said…
Poor baby! That is so scary, we went through that with Esa on vacation when she was a baby.
Totally hear ya on the 2 for one deal.
Hope you guys don't see the inside of a hospital for a really long time.
Thanks for the cookies, we loved them!
Tara H said…
so sorry, what a bummer!! maybe you can offer to pay up front and get a deal? some hospitals do that. . . .

glad she is ok!
Amy Savage said…
So sorry to hear about Brooklyn! What a poor little dear. Hope she is back to her old self again!
Erinn said…
geez! you guys have had your fair share of hospitals this year! glad brooklyn is doing better!