it really was bad

I had a bad day. It was like my brain wouldn't ever wake up. It lasted all day.

Seriously, I needed a reset or do-over button. It was bad.

Here is a brief list of "mistakes" I experienced.


►Half of the gifts I wrapped yesterday morning now say things like: To Catelyn Larsen, Love Gina and Dad, or To Landon, Love Gina Larsen.

►I literally had to call Kyle and ask him to "bring home the bacon". This because I BURNED the first pound I cooked, despite the fact I told myself over and over, "Cooking bacon, I am cooking bacon." And not only do I go to extreme lengths to keep the smell of bacon down, by turning on vents and opening windows and burning a candle, I then had the smell of BURNT bacon running through the place. {Then Candace shows up and says my house smells good. Go figure.}

►I poured VINEGAR, yes vinegar into the cornbread I was making, instead of into the milk to make it into butter milk.

►To fix the vinegar issue and due to a bit of luck, I realized I need to still add more milk, so I did, and decided to add a bit of sugar to it. I pulled out the 'sugar', and then screamed at myself as I stopped myself from adding RICE to it. Are you kidding me! {Jo then came running at me crying, "Mommy, you scared me!"}

►I was making soup during all this. {Please note that I am usually very good at multi-task baking/cooking, but yesterday, well it was off the charts bad for me.} It was corn chowder. Easy par-cheesy. I had cooked the taters, drained them and was ready to add the rest of the ingredients. In went the second pound of bacon, which I cooked up with no problems, the corn and the milk...ONLY TO REALIZE I had cut the potatoes into LARGE SLICES, like if you were going to mash them. This is soup! I need bite size pieces. SERIOUSLY??? So I have to drain the soup, and pick out the taters and re-cut. What a hassle. {And normally if this was just for my family I would cut the kids' bite smaller as I served the soup, but no this is to take to Kara as she just had her baby! I can't give her family soup that looks like I cut the potatoes in quarters.}



Needless to say, it was a long, LONG day. Around 4, Chelsie showed up. She was a breath of fresh air. She pitched in and helped with kids and diapers and the tears they shed. She also cut up paper for me to wrap up our cookie dough.

What a blessing she was yesterday.

When Kyle got home things went much better, as he truly is my better half, and so I was able to function better....I was definitely more complete.

So, that is that. It's now yesterday's tomorrow. My re-do day. Here goes.

Comments

Man...sounds like it was rough! At least those days only happen every once in a while & not all the time!
Bean said…
Gina, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! That's about all I can say! Thank goodness days aren't like that every day!
Megan
Camille said…
O.K. I admit I was laughing (with you or course.) and the reason I can laugh is because I have been there too!

Awesome Post!
Boyd Fam said…
I hate those days!! Bad bad days!! Hope today is a better day!!
Chels said…
Sorry you had such a bad day:[ It sucks when we get those. I'm glad that I could help and if you ever need my help for ANYTHING, I'm just a phone call away or already at your house (heehee). Maybe a night of twilight can take your mind of things, haha hope today went better.

Ill call you later bytheway.
cardwellclan said…
That does sound like a bad day! But very funny too. I would have laughed so hard if I was there...maybe it's good I wasn't because then you might have accidentally thrown a wooden spoon at me when you meant to throw a hot pad because of my laughter :) I'm glad life is so exciting over there.
Matt and Jessie said…
I am sorry it was such a crazy day! When those days hit, it is kind of commical by the last half. That is if you haven't already pulled all your hair out!!

Hopefully today is better.
Red Head Family said…
Those are days I just want to put myself back in bed!!
Larsen said…
you are the best sweetheart. but just remember this, everything turned out just fine, in fact, perfectly!!! love ya tons for all you do for our family.
-kyle
Erinn said…
oh man! glad i'm not the only one that does crazy things on occasion!
oh man!!! That was a BBBBBAAAADDD day! I have had "off" days, but man, that was like a prenancy brain day....!??!?!?! jk.
Guess it didn't get much better with Brooks getting sick :(