Our Christmas Newsletter Slash Poem


I received some of the nicest compliments about our Christmas News Poem, and one of them came from an English teacher, who's biggest pet peeve is bad poems. I was worried I was about to hear how poor my poem was, but instead she told Kyle she loved it! I thought it was nice, but it also made me laugh. You see . . .

I wrote it in a hurry, wasn't sure that the timing or ryhming ever worked out right, but in my haste to get our cards out I just sent it off. To prove my point, I wrote "Love, Kyle and Gina, Catelyn, Landon, Jocelyn, Landon, and Brooklyn." I WROTE LANDON TWICE!!! I AM A TOTAL DWEEB!!!! Oh Well.



The Larsen Family Christmas News Letter Poem

We just wanted to quickly let you all know
That we are happy to have some cold and some snow.


The kids are so eager for Christmas day
“I want!! I want!!” is all that they say

Kyle’s been busy with the business of dying
I clean the house and keep kids from crying.

Reading and recess keep Catelyn glad
She’s writing, spelling, and subtracting like mad

Landon is kind, loving, and sweet
He discovered in soccer he has really fast feet

And Jocelyn’s a deary, a joy and a bear
We still can’t get over her cute curly hair.

Brooklyn is lovable, she giggles, and coos
She makes it tricky to complete the “to do’s”

From our home to yours with a smile so dear
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

All our love,
Gina and Kyle
Catelyn, Landon, Jocelyn, and Brooklyn

{I corrected my double Landon}

Comments

Chels said…
I thought your poem was really cute and funny. The double landon just made me laugh. It made you seem human;] haha.
Court n Chad said…
I kept meaning to tell you how cute your poem was! I'm impressed you were able to put your year into it and make it all work. Nice job!
Evan and Kerri said…
Very cute poem!I hope you guys got our little Christmas Eve "offering," just wanted you to know we were thinking of you guys and hope you had a GREAT Christmas!
Matt and Jessie said…
Nice poetry. I laughed at the double Landon. I can't believe you even got cards sent out with the CRAZY December you guys had! You are always on the ball. I have NO excuse as to why I didn't get the stamps on the Christmas cards and drop them in the mail until December 24th. Just lazy I guess. Looks like you had a great Christmas.
I like the poem idea for the Christmas update! Much shorter. Cute card, too!
Larsen said…
you're the bomb. love ya tons, even though you obviously love landon TWICE as much as everyone else!
-kyle
Erinn said…
clever clever! seems like you have a knack for everything!
Darcie said…
That really is a cute poem! Good job! And who cares how many times you write you children's names...who doesn't mess up with that many kids!!!
haha did you notice on the christmas present i gave you i wrote landon's name twice???
SeeingSautters said…
Way cute poem, I love it! Candace