Stop Touching the Tree!!!


We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! And my plan worked!!! By moving a television upstairs we were able to trick Dad into sticking around a little longer! Hee Hee! {Love you Dad!} I purposely didn't take many photos... I just wanted to capture Thanksgiving with the above two shots.

After Thanksgiving, I decided that I was going to put up my Tree, even though I told everyone who was visiting that I wasn't going to. I couldn't help it. I wanted to suddenly get going on that Christmas spirit thing! That didn't go nearly as quickly as it had in years past. It's usually a three hour job, but this year. . . well. Let's not discuss how long it took.

See me desperately trying to not fall of the shelf up above my cabinets...


Thankfully, my tree did come together and it doesn't look like this anymore.


So anyway, it's up, as of Black Friday. {Who's isn't!?? Plus we are going on Saturday to try cutting down a live one, hopefully with a little more luck than last year!} It's got nothing but blue lights ...I ♥ it! I really would like to get some aqua colored ornaments after Christmas, or whenever I can for cheap....wish me luck!

I am eager to start shopping! I have added new music to my playlist, and I am starting some baking today! Bring on the Christmas season!!

So our tree has been up for a few days, and I am constantly trying to keep the littlest person in our house out of the tree! There are no balls or glass snowflakes at her level, but there are lights, pine cones, a metal star, and a bead garland at the bottom of the tree and that is just what she wants!!

Please note the excess of toys around her.



My favorite ornaments:

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
We had the tree up for about 20 seconds when the first ornament was broken. Oh well, that is how it goes. I love your ornaments! They are beautiful! I hope your tree survives the month and good luck with the real tree adventure! Hopefully it will be a little easier this year! : )
Amie and Karl said…
Love the tree.
I am so very sad that we will not be bale to put up a tree this is my favorite time of year and we are moving instead of decorating. I will not be bale to make my goodie plates either how sad baking is my favorite other then wrapping
Rachel said…
Your little M&M turkey guy is super cute! Did you make it? I want to learn how! I love your tree decorations too!
Erin Ellsworth said…
we are cutting down our tree this weekend. i am excited!
Anonymous said…
Your tree looks awesome! Ours is up too and we just let the kids decorate it...looks great (if you can imagine!) We also have this creepy (to me) looking doll that is holding a candle and it moves, and it keeps our 18 month old away from the decorations, since she's scared to death of it...to be honest, I don't like to go near it either... :)
Camille said…
So you have a little tree destroyer too?

Love your tree and ornaments! Fun!
The G-5+2 said…
At least it is your baby bothering your tree. I can't get my older kids to leave it alone. It makes me crazy. Aren't they old enough to just look?
Court n Chad said…
Don't you love saying, no, don't touch! Over and over again? Ella is in our tree constantly, I have rehung ornaments too many times to count already. We'll just see what happens when we start putting presents under the tree!
Erinn said…
what fun! i love the holidays!! oh, and grady crushed two ornaments in his hand the day we put it up, needless to say the bottom half of our tree is bare!! little stinker...
Autumn said…
Fun! It's always a chore to get the tree up, but so enjoyable when it is finally done. Now just sit back and enjoy.
Chels said…
Looks good! Glad you had a good thanksgiving, hope brooklyn doesnt eat you entire tree:]
Erika said…
This is actually the first year we even put ornaments on the bottom quarter of the tree and my 'baby' is 4! There is just something too tempting about touching ornaments. It's like a magnetic pull!

I love all your pics! You are so funny!
Diana said…
Ooh...love the color scheme on the tree. You're so creative in everything you do.
Larsen said…
that was quite the crazy project. but i love the tree!!
-kyle