Larsen Family Reunion

So here we go.

Swimming (lots of it) Eating (lots of that) and Snow (Lots of that too) made for a great weekend away in West Yellowstone.  We had a great time. This year I was able to sled, which was so fun with the kids.  What a great hill they made for visitors to sled on--right in their little city park.  It was perfect.  The weather was great too!

I really enjoyed the pool too.  It was a bit chilly at first, but then you warmed right up to it and it was just fine.  Brooklyn seemed happiest in the pool too.  We went to the IMAX and the Bear and Wolf Discovery Center too.  Our hotel rooms weren't rooms--they were apartments.  Ours was a 2 bed, 2 bath, living room, with kitchen and fireplace flat, while Mac and Kelly and Kevin and Kendra and Erin had the 3 bed, 2 bath place.  It was pretty sweet!

We played a few rounds of Settlers, and went to church on Sunday. 

One of the most unique things of the weekend was coming across a real dog sled team.  The driver (14 years old) and her dad were kind enough to talk to us about it for a good 30 minutes and we got to meet the dogs.  10 dogs on the sled, a total of 46 dogs back at home (Bozeman, MT).  Really cool! 

I have some fun pictures of the kids on their blog.  I think they had a great time too, esp. cause they are asking to go again.

We sure love Mac and Kelly!

Comments

Rachel said…
Fun! I LOVE the sledding pictures! So cute!
cardwellclan said…
How fun! You always have such cute pictures of you and the family!
amy said…
so nice to get away. I can't wait until June 18th when it is my turn.
SeeingSautters said…
Sounds like you had fun! We just got addicted to settlers. Recently played it for the first time and felt like playing it everyday for awhile. We will have to get together and play. Candace
Tara H said…
looks so fun, I am really starting to miss having snow fun . . . . hmmmm. How nice to have a winter family reunion, why are they almost always in the summer? sounds like a good way to change things up to me.
Larsen said…
i'm glad that you had a good time, cause i did too. it was great to spend a weekend away with you and the kids. love ya!!
kyle
Looks like a fun getaway! Cute pictures. Glad you guys could make some fun memories!
Chels said…
That does sound tons of fun!
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you had a great reunion, I wish our family did more of those.
Erika said…
Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you were able to go sledding this time.

I am really liking the winter reunion idea. I bet everything in West Yellowstone is a lot cheaper too during the off season!
Cindy said…
fun pic Gina!! It really does look like a wonderful place!!
Camille said…
WOW that looks so great! What fun!
You always take great pictures!
Hi Gina!
It's me Cherie... You probably don't remember me. lol I am excited I ran into your blog! Your family is so cute! I remember you guys would come over and watch lost on our tiny fuzzy TV! lol Good times! Well lets not be strangers anymore! xmck.blogspot.com
Looks like a blast! I bet the kids LOVED the dogsled team!