No Longer For Sale

Whew.  It's over.  We didn't get the foreclosure house.  We knew that we might get to the end of this journey and not get it.  And we were always okay with that.  We tried, and we showed the house lots, and truthfully I am kinda sad that we didnt' get it.

But all in all, it's totally fine.  I am just so happy to stop sweating when people were wanting to see the house and spending hours to clean it so they can walk through it in under 10 minutes and decide it's too little for them, or too much, or whatever.  Someday we are going to want to move or rebuild or whatever, and I honestly can say I do not look forward to the idea of trying to sell again.  Kudos to those of you who have ever done it.  Bleh.

I hate the idea of keeping it presentable all the time.  WE LIVE HERE.  Dirty dishes, toys, and laundry are part of my everyday life.  I like it that way.  Spotlessness is to much work for me.  I would miss out on photographing my kids, playing with them, and spending an entire day dedicated to scanning old photos or figuring out how to change a font on someones' blog.  I like that part of my life too much!

So here's to staying right where we are at!

Comments

amy said…
I for one am glad. I like you house. Save up a little and add on if you like you have plenty of land. I remeber how hard it was to keep our house clean in lincoln when we were trying to sell. All the kids were at home. One of the neighbor girls came over and said "i have never seen your house this clean for this long." Out of the mouths of babes
Camille said…
I am sorry that it didn't work out with the foreclosure house. I was excited to get you as a closer neighbor. :)

But the good news is you have an adorable home and you don't have to pack and move and for now you wont have to be a clean machine all the time!
Ah...Bummer. But I guess it's a good thing too! So does this mean the search is over? For now at least? Guess you'll just have to finish that basement afterall :)
Cindy said…
It is sad for now---you do have a cute home and you keep it clean anyway but I know it'll be a relief to not HAVE to keep it spotless at any given moment eh?
Cortnie said…
So Sorry it didn't work out. Oh Well. You never know what life will bring tomorrow.
I had a good time last night. Thanks for the invite.
Tara H said…
I'm sorry you didn't get the house you were wanting- sounds like it's a relief as well so you don't have to sell your house. I hope all works out for the best.
Matt and Jessie said…
Oh, I am so not looking forward to selling our house. The stress of having a spotless house all the time is too much!! I am always impressed with how clean your house is whenever I stop by. I don't know how you do all that you do in a day. You really must not sleep ever!!

I am sorry that things didn't work out, but hopefully something better will for ya in the future.
It stinks that we won't be next door neighbors. But that has GOT to feel good to not have to keep it so stinking spotless! I am with you on having your day the way YOU want. Have fun again. :)
Chels said…
sorry you didnt get to buy/sell. what a headache, but im glad that stress can be gone. and for the record i like your house messy too, its nice when its clean but not bad messy either:] haha.