The Day I Forgot was St. Patricks Day

Usually I am only way forgetful when I am pregnant.  And this is in no way an announcement.  I am not pregnant.  Instead, I would like to report that I am officially and shamefully a hypocrite.  Yes, it's true.

I admit, I have often poked fun at crazy coupon ladies.  The idea of hoarding boxes of Hamburger Helper and Pouches of Betty Crocker cookie mixes had me laughing.

Well, I ain't laughing anymore.  I am not a serious coupon lady, but on the verge.  So my sincerest apologies to any I may have teased.  And feel free to tease me about being a crazy coupon lady as I deserve it.

Two weeks ago or so, I went got 40 boxes of Fruit Snacks.  It was a good deal, and I thought it would be smart of me to get a few.

Then yesterday I decided that the Post Cereal sale was also too good to not pass up.  Yeah, I know.  So off I went to get some cereal.  I was thinking maybe 10 boxes or so.














55 boxes later. . .  
That darn clerk in Albertsons (His name was Steve) was nearly flirtatious and was a pretty good salesman.  He talked me into an entire case, the last case, of Honey Bunches of Oats with Peaches and an entire case of Honeycomb.  I should have just left the other boxes in the cases too, since I nearly got a case of each of the other kinds.



The point, about my memory you might be wondering??   Albertson's lanes for check out force the cart to the left and the shopper to the right.  Brooklyn happily stayed in her car seat in the empty cart, and veered to the left.  I paid for my stuff, and the bagger loaded the cereal into an empty newer cart.  (You think you see it coming, don't you?  Just hang on. . . )

I took the load out and left the kids in Dana's tender care.  She is quite capable of watching three (her two, and one of mine).  Landon and Jo Jo came with me.  We loaded the car.  Went back in and I bought a small item, and a treat for the kids (they had been sooooo good, they totally had earned it.)  I had Brooklyn in the cart and Landon and Jocelyn and the cart went left again and I went to the right, and Landon and Jo Jo and I walked out the door, with Dana and her boys and their large stash of cereal. 

This is when I forgot our little B.

I got all the way outside people!  I left, all the way!  I realized it fairly quickly and ran back in.  There weren't many people up there at all the checkout stands, and since only 45 seconds had passed, I stated loud enough for them to hear:

"Leave it to the crazy coupon lady to 
leave her kid behind, because she 
was more concerned about her cereal!"  

Steve was there, along with several faces that had been there while we were checking out, and even they all laughed at it.  It was hilarious, and slightly embarrassing!


Later that evening, I had planned a St. Patrick's dinner with all green food (which was so fun!)
 (Green table cloth,  green plates, green jello, green peas, green rice with chicken, broccoli salad, bread and green Koolaid!)

And we had company over for it and with all this going on, I forgot to pick Landon up from Tyler's birthday party. 

I had even told Jessie that I would be coming to get Landon early!


What a joke.  I completely forgot 
2 of my 4 children in 1 day!  
Poor kids!

Comments

Gasp! 2:4...not the greatest odds. haha! Guess you have become the crazy coupon lady....
:) I'm sure it happens to the best of them...
Par 5 said…
2 for 4? That's great!! You'll need to get worried when you're 4 for 4! :) The good thing is, you remembered on your own. It would have been worse if Steve had to bring her out to you, or if you had gotten all the way home... :)

by the way, did you ever find your PERMENANT marker?
Erika said…
I keep telling myself that I'm going to start clipping coupons and shopping the sales, but it never happens. I admire people who take the time to pay attention to stuff like that.

Love the green dinner~very creative!
Red Head Family said…
Nice job-that's why I try to go without the kids- thus 6am runs! Congrats on converting!
amy said…
My lesson learn over 33 years of motherhood. As soon as you figure out what your kids will eat and stock up on it they no longer like it.
Tara H said…
From what I can tell, it's the 4th kid that do people in as far as forgetting . .. but no fear, it happens to everyone and at least yours were harmless forget moments. Didn't leave them at a gas station or anything . . .
Camille said…
Hee! HEE! Great post and not all of us could admit that it has happened to us! :) Your st. Patrick feast looks very GREEN!
That is the WORST feeling! Yep, we've all been there. This was my first year to forget St. Patty's day. It is usually a HUGE deal for us. Green breakfast, green dinner... But I spaced it completely and it was such a busy day we never really did it. Good job with the food storage. :)
Loren & Autumn said…
That is super HILARIOUS! Loved the read! Oh, and reading from earlier, we did a Western Caribbean cruise to Grand Cayman, Belize and then Half Moon Cay. It was incredible. I think you would have a blast almost anywhere you went in the Caribbean. The water is absolutely gorgeous and amazingly warm.
Amber M said…
Crazy coupon lady! I love it. It's about time you drank the kool-aide! Thanks again for the movie Friday night. It was a blast!

We heart the Larsens!
Chels said…
BAHAHAHAHA! That is a hilariouse story! I could totally see you doing that, haha. Well Im glad you didnt leave her there, because she would be very much missed. That is something you had BETTER scrapbook about so that you will never forget agian and she can laugh about it when shes older:]
Karen said…
Wow! That must have been a heck of a deal. Anyway, I haven't been on here forever, but had a few minutes to clean out my "favorites" and so glad I did so I could link up to that FHE website. Your family looks fab, and you are pretty much superwoman in my book!
SeeingSautters said…
You need to fill me in on how to get these great deals! Sounds like fun. Candace