Welcoming Sawyer to the Family

Sawyer Chad was born this past Tuesday, 6 days overdue.  The kids and I and my mom drove down to be there and spend time together.  We had a blast.  Kyle did stay home though to work.  Boo.

Later that night, we had dinner and I had asked Kyle Calder and Mike Corless if they wanted to come visit us.  I was actually a little surprised that they said yes, and then stayed all night to visit and hang out. (Why would two RM want to hang out with a grandma, a mom, a married couple and 6 kids?  Certainly the free pizza wasn't worth it was it??  I have determined, they are just abnormal boys.  But we love'em!)

  We laughed our faces off that night because:

*Mike tells us how much he likes kissing
*Kyle is a model and he is just so fun to be around
*A good riddle kills Janelle, and Ryan confirms she looses sleep over it
*Janelle has a death grip
*Paper Rock Scissors is still acceptable to play as an adult
*Giving a 5 minute massage is worth it for the clue to a riddle
*That's what she said jokes never end
*Landon is too young to understand

Really, we had a blast.  I laughed and laughed and laughed.  I enjoy being with Janelle and Ryan.  Chad and Courtney are always fun to hang with too, but they were pretty tied up this trip.  We did visit with them, but it was just different than normal due to the hospital setting they were in.
I have learned to NEVER order a supreme pizza from Little Caesars and that I really hate traveling without a DVD player, but it can be done.




 

Comments

Tara H said…
Sounds like a hilarious night!
Anonymous said…
congrats to chad and family! what a cute little baby, such a bundle! i'm glad you had a fun trip!
Bean said…
Sounds like you had a great time Gina!!! I'm glad you could get out and have a good time!! What a cute little baby!
cardwellclan said…
I'm glad you had fun too!!! Spending time with family and good friends is the best.
Erika said…
Cute cute little nephew, Gina! Looks like you had fun in UT.
Chels said…
How fun, Sounds like you guys had quite the night haha. Congrats to chad and courtney. I love the name sawyer and I must say she looks pretty good for giving birth to a baby 6 days overdue.