A Beautiful FHE Night

Siome times our family home evenings are really, outings.  We took off to Target, after I had spent time calling everywhere to see where the best deal for a bike for Landon was.  Thanks to Target, we were able to afford a new bike for him as he
1. Needed one, since the two we have he was able to use, are now totally broken, beyond repair.
2. We promised him a boy bike, instead of the girl one, if he could ride two wheels and
3. He was just dying to ride, with his new skill and no bike.  He was begging his friends to ride their bikes. 

So, thanks to a little photo shoot I did, we had the extra money to get the bike.   We also got Cate some tassels for her bike!  So 80's awesome!  I remember having tassels on my bike!  I want a flag for the back of Landon's bike. A racing one.  And we got a honky horn for Jo Jo, but she was so kind to let Landon put it on his bike until we get him one.

Our FHE was us we being outside on the driveway, enjoying a PERFECT weather evening (Such a shock for April in Idaho) assembling the bike as a family.  The kids played around, Catelyn took photos, and helped Brooklyn go down the baby slide.  Landon handed tools to Kyle, and Jocelyn, was being super silly the whole time.  It really was a great night.

Sometimes we are all about a lesson and a song and rehearsing Articles of Faith, but this time, we just hung out together.  Which I know is equally important.

Comments

Diana said…
Yay! His very own boy bike!

It was even nice in Rexburg on Monday. Amazing.
Cindy said…
Fun night!! Landon's had quite the week eh? 1st lost tooth (and the Tooth Fairy)Dr visit, new bike etc Yeah Landon!!!
Camille said…
Sounds perfect. Tell Landon we love his new bike!
cardwellclan said…
Cute kids. Yay for new boy bikes and tassles!
Matt and Jessie said…
He is going to be cruising around the neighborhood super fast on that cool bike!

Glad you had a fun FHE. We don't stick to the song, lesson, treat, format every week either. It is nice to switch it up.
Larsen said…
great post! that is my comment!

kyle
Erin Ellsworth said…
landon showed me last week how he could ride with no training wheels! good for him!
Bean said…
Tassles and bells! That always makes your bike so much cooler. And yes, the flag would add even more! I had a flad on my bike growing up and I thought I was the coolest person alive! I'm glad that you had a fun FHE. It's nice to have relaxing, fun family moments. We need to have you guys come over some time. It's been a long time. I'll give you a call sometime!
Erinn said…
wow cate takes great pictures! can't wait to start training grady when he's older, then maybe there will be more pictures of me...! lol.

you have such a cute family. seriously.
Chels said…
Looks like tons of fun! Good for landon for riding two wheels, what a mans man haha. THe layouts look really cute too:]