What A Long Day

I seriously had a long day yesterday.  It all started with making rice pudding too.  For some reason the rice just wasn't getting soft.  I know I made it right, and I brought it to a boil and then turned it to low, but seriously it wasn't turning out. 

Then began the maddening day of chasing around town for a number of things.  Took Brooklyn and Landon (AGAIN!-insert mad face here) to the doctor.  I am furious about Landon's second trip, but that's another story.  Brooklyn got her shots, boo.  And Landon received the exact diagnoses I KNEW they would give him, because we were there just 6 days ago.  I may not have a PHD behind my name, but my title as M-O-M adds up to just about the same thing on some days.  This was one of them.  And just because a doctor doesn't make notes of something in my kids record isn't my fault, and I shouldn't have to pay the price of time and money because of it.   That doctor literally cost me, and they now know that my kids are to NEVER EVER been seen by him again. Furious.  

Moving on.

Then I ran to get his antibiotic medicine (for a change the pharmacy wasn't slow.  TMLS! thank my lucky stars) and then home.  Quick dashing (30 minutes to spare) to pick up the house a bit and then as soon as Cate walked in the door, we hopped in the car and were off again.  Dropped kids off at Colette's for a bit and took her to the orthodontist.  After that, I had 30 minutes to spare again, to move kids around a bit, taking Cate over to Candace's while the others decided after being invited to stay at Colette's, to stay there. Plus, Brooklyn was still sleeping, so Colette didn't seem to mind keeping her.

Then I rushed home to grab a bottle of water and rushed off with Katie to do her senior photos. (Finally, something fun!) Got home at 6:30, in time to clean up the tornado known as dinner and kids, and kiss Kyle as he ran out the door to Mutual.  It wasn't a bad mess, because I have done really well this week to stay on top of the dishes and keep the kitchen clean, but bedtime is usually hard. 

All day, as things were insanely busy, and my stomach growling because I missed lunch due to my poor planning on eating something and making time for that, I was planning on my one hour of indulgence, known as Tuesday night's LOST.  I finally fixed myself a plate of dinner and sat down to watch it.

Only to find out that it was a re-run.  Bwahahaa.  Crying.

So instead I finished up Tyler's photos and then went through Katie's photos. I usually don't post any photography work here, but today I am going to show what I did last night instead of watching LOST.


I am supposed to have one more photo shoot today, but Adam and I think it's a bit chilly and windy and with the crappy weather it's hard to enjoy taking photos outside.  So we are rescheduling.  And after yesterday, I am fine with that.

I should have know that since the rice pudding started out poorly, the rest of the day might go the same way.

With the exception of a wonderful husband, awesome friends who helped me survive the day, and good kids to not fuss about being hustled around, poked, prodded, and picked on by doctors, my health, and a fun photo shoot.  So really, when you think about it, it was crazy busy, but it wasn't that bad at all.  In fact, it was a pretty great day.  Being a "stay at home" mom might have it's days of hectic craziness, half of it is brought on by my own choices, though not all of it is, it's the best job ever.



I'm just not making rice pudding any time soon.
Bwahaha.  Okay, that probably isn't true.

Comments

Camille said…
Man sounds like a crazy one but very productive too. What the heck is going on with Landon and the Dr.? with the missing notes? I guess I will have to call and find out.

Nice pictures too!!
Tara H said…
that IS super busy, glad you survived.
I love the days after the busy ones- just chill out all day : )
Great pictures!
Court n Chad said…
Lol, don't you just love crazy days like that? It makes it nice when you get a quiet "boring" day at home... if we ever do! So, you never said what the diagnosis on Landon was. I'm guessing no surgery? But why the antibiotic? Is it related, or something different?
Oh, and is Cate getting braces already???
Being a mom really is the best job in the world! (Even on the days where bed time is the best part;)
Erinn said…
sorry your day was so hectic... i guess if not for the bad days how would we appreciate the good, right? glad there were a few good moments for you!
Matt and Jessie said…
Glad your day turned out all right! I love the pictures you took! I looked at your photography blog the other day and all the Senior announcements are super cute!!
Valerie said…
So what is up with Landon?
Hope tomorrow is better :)
Larsen said…
wow, i'm glad that you have a great husband, or what else could have gone wrong. hahaha!

kyle
Erika said…
Sounds like a crazy day! Glad it turned out good in the end!

Great pics BTW!!!
amy said…
you have to leave the lid on your rice simmer for exactly 25 minutes and NEVER LIFT THE LID or it will not cook NO PEEKING!
I love rice pudding! We have a Danish rice pudding tradition for Christmas time in my family. Some days just go on forever, don't they!
Amie and Karl said…
Days like that make me just want to crawl back in bed and sleep and try it all over again later