So, we purchased tickets to go see "the Wizard of Oz" and I was pretty excited, until about 3 minutes into it. It's probably my fault, for not looking into it a bit more closely, but it wasn't a play at all. Kyle and I were very dissappointed and even though the kids lvoed it, we would NEVER had paid the amount we did to see what we saw.
I am sure someone reading this had a kid who was in it, and it's wasn't a bad dance recital, but when you are thinking and planing on a play and get ballet, well, we were just sad. Like I said, it's my own fault, but no where did I see on the billboards, or fliers or even tickets or program did it indicate it was a Ballet Recital thing, and not a play.
I have loved the story of Dorothy for years, and my family can attest to that, so I was really bummed to not hear actors singing and saying some classic lines and songs from the beloved story of the Wizard of Oz.
Other than that, I can't believe that school is out in a few short weeks, and we are on to summer. I am so ready! We are working on the basement some, and that will be a fun project to have under our belts. And the yard is getting some much needed attention! Kyle worked really hard last Saturday on the trees in the back yard and then this week I mowed the grass and hit up the weed-wacker and then together we tackled the front flower bed. Major renovations there! Whew!
And lastly, I was offered a job. I want to blog more about it so perhaps tomorrow I will, as I am pretty tired tonight!
I am sure someone reading this had a kid who was in it, and it's wasn't a bad dance recital, but when you are thinking and planing on a play and get ballet, well, we were just sad. Like I said, it's my own fault, but no where did I see on the billboards, or fliers or even tickets or program did it indicate it was a Ballet Recital thing, and not a play.
I have loved the story of Dorothy for years, and my family can attest to that, so I was really bummed to not hear actors singing and saying some classic lines and songs from the beloved story of the Wizard of Oz.
Other than that, I can't believe that school is out in a few short weeks, and we are on to summer. I am so ready! We are working on the basement some, and that will be a fun project to have under our belts. And the yard is getting some much needed attention! Kyle worked really hard last Saturday on the trees in the back yard and then this week I mowed the grass and hit up the weed-wacker and then together we tackled the front flower bed. Major renovations there! Whew!
And lastly, I was offered a job. I want to blog more about it so perhaps tomorrow I will, as I am pretty tired tonight!
Comments
sorry about the wizard of oz that is a bummer.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog.
Here's to another great summer!
Camping trip anyone??
And....I'm excited about the photography thing. You'll be FANTASTIC!