I usually don't post stuff about my kids here, but this one is an exception so that Serene can link it back to her site.
So we had Stake Conference this week. And we sat near the front, and on the front row was a family who had a 5 year old daughter, with long blond hair, in a bright blue dress.
She kept eyeing Landon. A LOT. He kept looking at her, a lot too.
When it came time for the rest hymn, she casually came over to our bench and handed Landon a note and a picture. The note read:
Savanna
wuts yur noame?
The "o" was all scribbled out, and corrected with an a. It was hilarious. Tory Savage was sitting by me, and even he was fighting off a laugh.
So Landon wrote his name on the paper and handed it back.
After the meeting, the two of them talked for a minute before we left. On the way out to the car, we had the following conversation.
Landon: Hey mom, you know that girl in the blue dress?
Me: Yes.
Landon: I looked at her a lot during church.
Me: I know. How come?
Landon: I don't know. Can we go to her house?
Me: Sorry pal. Don't think so.
Since Sunday, he has drawn about 4 pictures for her and a few notes too. He can't seem to forget this one. I am currently trying to figure out who she is, so that we can at least drop off the art work. But I don't think we will schedule any play dates.
So we had Stake Conference this week. And we sat near the front, and on the front row was a family who had a 5 year old daughter, with long blond hair, in a bright blue dress.
She kept eyeing Landon. A LOT. He kept looking at her, a lot too.
When it came time for the rest hymn, she casually came over to our bench and handed Landon a note and a picture. The note read:
Savanna
wuts yur n
The "o" was all scribbled out, and corrected with an a. It was hilarious. Tory Savage was sitting by me, and even he was fighting off a laugh.
So Landon wrote his name on the paper and handed it back.
After the meeting, the two of them talked for a minute before we left. On the way out to the car, we had the following conversation.
Landon: Hey mom, you know that girl in the blue dress?
Me: Yes.
Landon: I looked at her a lot during church.
Me: I know. How come?
Landon: I don't know. Can we go to her house?
Me: Sorry pal. Don't think so.
Since Sunday, he has drawn about 4 pictures for her and a few notes too. He can't seem to forget this one. I am currently trying to figure out who she is, so that we can at least drop off the art work. But I don't think we will schedule any play dates.
I know, I know. He's 5.
Can you even begin to feel how freaked out I am for him to start Kindergarten???
Just so you have this:
This link may not work forever, but here is Serene's (Savannah's mom) blog entry about this.
Click HERE.
Just so you have this:
This link may not work forever, but here is Serene's (Savannah's mom) blog entry about this.
Click HERE.
Comments
Watch out for that boy, he will be a heart-breaker. So dang cute!
And I will go back and link this when I get back from the CBC.
Sorry, I just fell so behind with everything that was going on.
But I'm so happy you posted this so I could see it!!