My New Job

About 6 months ago, I took notice of a photography gallery at Sub Zero Ice Cream.  I thought that the wall had a lot of potential, and could be even better with a few small changes.  One of which was the sign, that asks for all levels of photographers to sumbit their photos for the wall.

Of course, I had to speak with the manager about it, but only after he came out of his office. I promised him an email of some ideas and a different look for his flyer.  I emailed it shortly after that visit, but never heard back from him.  Every time we would go in to the store, he would apologize he hadn't emailed me back. It became nearly comical.  "Oh, well," I would think.  "So what if he doesn't like what I suggested."

Then last friday, we went in again.  (I really don't like ice cream, but I love SZ!)  Ben caught us and said,  "I am so glad you are here! I have been wanting to talk to you.  Do you have a minute?"  Of crouse we did. 

The long and the short of it is that he offered me a job.  In exchange for managing the photography wall I would receive free ice cream.  I'd be paid in Ice Cream!?!?!?!  Seriously?

I was smart enough to tell him I woudl think about it.  Instead of irrationally choosing free ice cream at any cost. 

Currently, I am in the process of getting the wall to where we both would like it to be.  More prominent, more efficient, more fun, and more involved.  If you haven't seen it, haven't tried their ice cream, go in.  You may not like their ice cream, and you may not like photography, and if so, don't go.  But if you are a beginner photographer, amateur, or more,  submit some photos and we might put one or two up, and you could win free ice cream!

I am looking for photography subjects such as:
  Nature, travel, candid, macro, sports, 
night, scenic, abstract, artistic, and more!  

If you have something that you are proud of, that you feel is awesome, 
regardless of your photography experience, email it to:

subzeroif.photos@gmail.com 

You never know!  It's worth an email, right???

Comments

Cindy said…
Well done Gina!! Are you FB too to get the info out there??!! This really sounds like a fun and worth while project for you. Seems almost custom made. Good luck with it!!
Erin Ellsworth said…
i love sub zero ice cream. my favorite ice cream place in town. sounds like a fun job.