A Neighbor

Well, she worked and worked so hard, that I couldn't bring myself to tear the nest down as she gathered her twigs and mud and what not.  So what if it's on our light by our front door and there is a mess of sticks and twigs welcoming all our guests to our home, along with birdy doo doo . . . It really is a work of art, though.  And she is was pregnant, which means she was really working  EXTRA hard.  And now she has three, yes THREE to care for. I am guessing she knows what Tasha feels like . . .tee heee heee! (I think she delivered yesterday, Sunday.)  You know I am off to google the time frame until they hatch, cause I haven't got a clue!

So, for a while, my kids will get an education on robins, blue eggs, baby birds, and why we can't touch them.  I really hope that none of them fall out of the nest and die.  They are so gross, when they have no feathers.  But she loves them.  Or does she really?

See how fat she was on Saturday afternoon?  
I am trying to get a photo of her now, as she is a skinny-minnie! 
Lost all her baby weight in one sitting. 
Wonder if we have an abundance of worms and bugs in our grass???



I know that animals are blessed to feel the joy and full measure of their life and creation, and I really believe that they have feelings.  All animals, great and small.  But I also think it's sad that a mother bird or cat, etc. would abandon her baby if it smells like someone has touched them.  I know it's the way they are hard wired and what not, but really?  Who thought of that one?  Shesh, if I disowned my kids every time they stunk . . .

Comments

Wow, those eggs are REALLY blue!!! That is awesome, and very kind of you to let her keep her home. I hope to get an update on these little guys!
Amber M said…
Everyone had babies last week. (: I wish that being skinny after having babies was as easy...imagine!
amy said…
We have a nest also at our house. I have the advantage of watching from inside the house and still being able to see so i don't worry them. Life is just amazing.