From this to this to this to this

Well they are gross as ever, but my kids are truly loving it.  I think that the third baby is dead.  It's a week overdue to be hatched, and I am starting to think it's not going to.  These two birds are growing so fast.  You can see how much they have grown in just a week.  That first photo is of them the day they were born!  And this one of them begging for food is only one week later.  It's the same with all babies I guess.  You look at them and wonder how they ever fit in your belly or in their little egg.  God's hand at life is truly remarkable.

Do I remove the other blue egg for the mom? Do we name them?  What if one dies?  What should I do with it?? How long till they start flying?  They don't have much in the way of feathers, so I would guess a while, right?

Off to google What to Expect in the First Year of Baby Robins.

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
The first day pictures are kind of nasty, but they are strangely cute now! I hope they get some feathers soon, it still is pretty cold some days!! My brother had some birds build a nest on a wreath on their front door, but they never hatched. They must have gotten rattled around too much! Not sure how long to give the third egg until ya give up on it. Hope by some miracle it hatches though. Too fun, it really is spring time!!
Gallant Family said…
I love how you've kept a scrapbook for that mother bird. What would she ever do without you! Those eggs are SO BLUE. Let nature take it's course, honey, and don't touch a thing (unless it's dead and in your way). Naming them wouldn't hurt anything, but once they're gone out of the nest, you'll probably not see them...
I'm with Dana. Don't touch the egg, or the babies. Mama bird will take care of it. Name them! That would be fun. Bert and Ernie. Tom and Jerry? Jacob and Edward? Hahaha...
Camille said…
Jacob and Edward!! love it! hope little Jacob comes back to the nest soon! =)
Chels said…
I think it is beautiful and you are so lucky to witness this. Think about what God has created and I just think its so cool to observe and witness a different kind of family grow. I would advise to not take the egg out, if it is dead the mom will take care of it. I'm sure shes done this before, if not, she has a different instinct then we do. Super cool:]
amy said…
our two babies didn't make it. I think the storm got them. so sad.
Erin Ellsworth said…
the eggs are beautiful, the birds are creepy looking
Oh wow! You have baby birds! Pish, I think this officially makes you the cool one!