I want to print this


You know, recently I had someone say something to me that was kind of hurtful in regards to being a "real" photographer.  I don't know why it is that the photography world is so harsh and competitive.  I make a conscious effort to not be that way (now or ever again.)  Photographers are a dime a dozen I think.  Everyone has a different eye and talent behind the camera lens.  I regret being critical in the past about a few specific photographers.  Though I still do not care for their "work", I guard my tongue about it more now. 

Stop here if you don't want to read about how I feel about my photography.

Guess my point is, I think I am pretty good.  I think I have a clean, simple eye for a great shot.  I think I capture the basics of photography, and add a few creative shots on the side.  I have decided I like doing portraiture work on individuals best, ie Senior Photos.  I know that I am decent enough, because I seem to have a consistent line up of people looking for me to take photos for them.  My calendar isn't booked, and I don't want it to be, because I am a mom first, but I have stayed busy enough to keep from scrap booking.  *sigh*

Comments

cardwellclan said…
I agree--I think you are good. On the same note, before I read your post, I was looking at the feet picture and thinking how good it looked and creative!
Camille said…
Seriously love the feet picture! I also think you take great shots. =)
amy said…
I think that is the reason i don't play piano in front of people. I don't like being judged. I know i self judge more and there will always be someone out there who plays better and will intimidate me enough to keep me from playing. But when it comes to photography your pretty darn good. If you love it keep it up because you love it.
Larsen said…
you are really quite good. i love what you do and as long as you do, that should be all that matters.

kyle
Cindy said…
I don't think I'm biased I think you're a really great photographer. I DO think your forte is portraits. You're VERY good at capturing the 'real' individual and their personality (sometimes even making us look better than we really look;)) I love you and your pictures and look forward to updates!
I think you're great too. Love the feetsies. Are you going to get it framed?
Erika said…
I agree with what has been said. There will always be someone better than us at what we would consider our greatest talents. (and even that is subjective according to taste). That doesn't mean you aren't fabulous at what you do and who you are...so don't let the turkeys get you down!
Kelsie Muck said…
Gina!

You are wonderful! Remember that one time we took tons of pictures of me? Haha and my dad...
Cortnie said…
I love your work!!! Speaking of it, I need to set up a time for family pics!!! I think you are very creative and I love the feet picture as well as everyone else.
Chels said…
I dont know if I already commented on this, but I think that is so stupid. Every photographer is different and unique with their own styles. You have a great talent and do things your way awesome, as do other photographers. Dont be offended by some immature remark. You wont be offended unless you let yourself, so just shake it off.