Outta the Fly Zone!!!


My dad had big plans.  They were quickly messes up when the authorities showed up to kick us off our own property.  Seriously.  We had gone down into one of the fields where we have grain and they had mowed some of the precious gold down so we could watch the air show on Saturday.  They had a big tarp set up to keep us cool, BBQ's going, and good food and drink ready.  Then came the cop on the 4-Wheeler telling us we had to leave.

What a bummer deal.  But we did.  We loaded up as quickly as possible and moved to a smaller area that wasn't in the "FLY ZONE".  Right next to the river and a ditch and lots of duck doo doo.  It wasn't the best location, not  manicured as our previous spot, but oh well.  And I have to say the birds weren't listening to the cop at all.  they were always in the fly zone, so rude.  Didn't they get the message?

It was fun to spend the afternoon with family and friends, and even though we tried to keep our family together to enjoy the show, it didn't happen that way at all. Landon hung out with Lynn and Cate was glued to Amanda's hip.  Brooklyn had ear plugs in that Grandma brought her -- and Jo Jo was mellow as ever.  And patiently waited to see Angels.  That never showed up.  As we were packing up to leave, Jocelyn wanted to know, "Mom, where are the blue angels?"  She truly thought we were going to see some blue angels.  Bless her heart.

Having Uncle Bob and Grandpa Dean and LaRue there was fun too!  Along with Blake and his pilot friend Adam, and everyone else.  It was so funny to have us all crammed into this tiny corner of the grain field to watch the show.

It was so loud and amazing to watch.  There were truly moment of WOW and EEK! as they flew fast and slow and upright and upside down and played CHICKEN.  I felt like at times we were watching a crazy-mad-man show of personal roller coasters and bumper cars.  We had the best seats ever! {I know that we were so lucky as many didn't have the best time--we feel for ya!} They flew right over us several times, so I don't know what the big deal was about the fly zone, but whatever.  Landon loved it.  It truly was incredible to see!

 

Comments

Matt and Jessie said…
Very cool! I was sad I missed it. Matt and the boys were at the airport to watch it, and they LOVED every minute of it. Accept the part about taking 3 hours to get home! Looks like you guys made quite the party of it!!
Sounds nice! Quite a group you guys had together. BBQ can make any experience better, don't ya think? :)
I didn't realize this was such a big deal in IF...Did they do this when we were growing up? I don't recall...
Anyway, great post, looks like a ton of fun. A little bummed we missed it...
Mistie said…
Looks like you and your family had a good time. We were lame and went camping instead of staying around and going to watch them. We did have a great time camping though.
Tara H said…
GREAT shots!!! I love the picture of your grandpa (?) Sounds so cool.
Wow, your pictures are great! Bummer deal you got kicked out of you sweet spot.

I'm glad you got to go. Luke took the older kids while I had a blast shopping. All by myself. With no kids. Seriously, it was so rejuvenating! :D
Erin Ellsworth said…
what is your e-mail? did you change it? I tried to sent you a pic today.