a fun family night

We hit up the Visitor Center for our FHE a week or so ago.  Not that my kids are well behaved and can handle something like this, it's because I am the "meanest mom ever" and trust me, I am reminded of this prestigious award all the time.  So I laid down the law about touching and what not, and they tried hard to follow the rules....

Anyway. . .

We went to see the Heavenly Majesty-Images of Creation and it was pretty great. it was not nearly as kid friendly as we had hoped and unless you know a lot about astronomy, it was over our heads a bit and slightly boring.  The images were great to look at, but other than that....I don't think I would take kids to see it and plan on a good 45 minutes if you want to read all the little signs about the photos and take a dictionary.

On the better end of this note, we had the best time as with the Ward Family, enjoyed a great breakfast for dinner, and laughed at the kids and enjoyed the joy they bring into our lives.  By the end of the night, we had exchanged Barbie movies and decided we really need to get together more often.

Comments

Rachel said…
We did the same thing a couple weeks ago! Needless to say, it was not a good thing for my kids. We had to call it a night after they turned on a video in French and pushed the button to make Jesus talk to them. Sheesh! I thought I was being nice to let them go! Maybe we will try it again another time when there is something different there. :)
We've been thinking about doing that. Was it crowded? Maybe we'll just do a date with our older two kids sometime :)
Camille said…
We have also been thinking about checking it out. SO thanks for the heads up. Thanks for coming today! It's been a fun summer!
Matt and Jessie said…
Glad you had a good time! My mom gave us the heads up on this one, so we skipped it. I am sure there is plenty of other fun stuff to see though. Plus it is always neat to take the kids to the temple grounds!
I'm still feeling slightly envious that one of your kids didn't get reprimanded for stomping on the Christus.

Just sayin',