Vacation, part 2

So a while back Kyle told me he wanted to explore the Grand Canyon with the kids.  We decided that we better get to know our "backyard" a bit better before heading off to distant lands.  Along with trips to Yellowstone, this year we included Bear Lake.  Neither of us had ever been there. {Despite the numerous family reunions the Pack side had there-I never made it to a single one. Promise.}  I haven't ever been past Lava Hot Springs, so once were were on the south side of that, everything I saw was virgin to my eyes!  

Once we got there and set up the pop-up trailer {that reeked like there was a dead mouse in it--that's another story} we changed into warm clothes so that we could go check out the Minnnetonka Caves.  WHAT A TREAT!  I had no idea.  I was loving the cave and in awe of it's majesty and wondering at God's hand all the while Cate was worrying about bears, Landon didn't like the dark, and the two little girls clung to Kyle and I like stink on poo.  Kyle and I were really in amazement at what we were seeing.  What a truly wonderful place to visit, that is right here in our own 'backyard'.  I can't believe I haven't been to this place before.

After the dark, dank, and cold cave {which has and will continue to provide us with many lessons on the Holy Ghost, faith, trust, the Light of Christ and more} we were ready for the beaches of Bear Lake.  Okay, i didn't know this kind of lake/beach combo even existed here in IDAHO!  I thought we would surly have to visit the coasts of California and Mexico for such a thing.  Needless to say, the kids loved it, and the water was warm and we had a great time.  Cate was a total fish, Landon wanted nothing more than for Kyle to pull him around on the floaty device we had {at this point Kyle wanted a boat and tube pretty bad, since being the boat wasn't as fun as being on the tube} Jocelyn went crazy bonkers...acting all silly and funny, and Brooklyn couldn't get enough sand. 



Now, that was fun!  One more leg of the trip to report!

Comments

Isn't Bear Lake the best??
Great pics. Sorry the trailer stank. That really had to put a damper on things!
We need to get together again. Mesa Falls??