Costume Exhange!

FREE Rental Halloween Costumes

Each year, I always want to provide a way for my children to have a costume at a price that is reasonable, and one that they love and want.  So I start with thrift stores and seeing what I already have on hand.  Do you?  Then I thought, if I could just borrow from my friends, how much easier and affordable Halloween could be!  Then this idea was born. It will work like a library would with a books.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Saturday, October 9th from 9-10 am 
CHECK OUT DAY
Monday, November 1st at 3-4pm 
DUE BACK DAY

WHO:
Anyone willing to come to the Summit Park LDS church building to RENT and RETURN.

TERMS OF AGREEMENT: 
You can “check out” a costume(s) so long as you treat it as your own or better, and are fully committed to RETURNING it or “checking it in” after Halloween. If you can not commit to returning and collecting the borrowed items on Monday, Nov. 1st, you will need to make special arrangements with Gina Larsen 523-5970. 

One of the reasons for the check in day is so that you can borrow from anyone (even multiple items from a variety of people), even if you don’t know them, knowing full well that you don’t have to track them down and can just return the items borrowed to the church and they will collect them.  Meaning if you lend out and borrow nothing, you still are committed to the check in day to collect the items you lent out.

How it Works:
If you HAVE costumes or costume pieces (think of outgrown costumes or ones that you kids don’t want to wear this year, wigs, masks, hats, and other accessories) that you are willing to LEND OUT bring them to the gathering Saturday morning at 9am. Check out time will begin at 9:30am.   You need to stay until the end of the exchange to collect anything that is yours that was not borrowed. You are responsible for having your name on EVERY piece of clothing, hat, etc that you are willing to share.  NOTHING is being given away or swapped out permanently.  You assume all responsibility, and therefore have to consider some things may become damaged, stolen or lost.  We hope everyone will be on their best behavior, use the golden rule, and be honest.

If you have nothing to share, you can still participate.  You are not required to share in order to borrow.  You are not limited to a certain number of items, but hope that you will be considerate of others.

The main goal is to help each other out.
Questions?  Gina Larsen 523-5970

*Fine Print:  Keep in mind that if you have costumes which have sentimental value, you may want to keep those at home.  Keeping that in mind, Gina and Amber are not responsible for any damages, losses, or other misfortunes that could happen upon your items.  Any items left after Check-Out or after Due Back day will be donated to the DI.

Comments

Hey G! That's a really cool idea. You're so creative. Love it. Hopefully you score some awesome costumes for the kids this year!
Becky said…
What a great idea! Wish I was there to get in on that! Good luck, I'm sure it will be a fabulous turnout!!
Erika said…
That's my birthday. I'm not sure I can come but I may have costumes to contribute to the stash nonetheless. And I am NOT sentamentally attached to any of them, so they can be kept by whoever wants them (provided I can find them...)! Great concept, Gina!